Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-26-2005, 03:34 AM

Default Re: It\'s a big flop.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Call it down. We want a showdown.

[/ QUOTE ]
What's your plan if UTG checkraises the field on the flop or turn? I would give serious consideration to folding.

[/ QUOTE ]

Firstly, we're never folding a flop check-raise.

On the turn, I might do it if I had a read.
Old 09-26-2005, 03:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Call it down. We want a showdown.

[/ QUOTE ]
What's your plan if UTG checkraises the field on the flop or turn? I would give serious consideration to folding.

[/ QUOTE ]

Firstly, we're never folding a flop check-raise.

On the turn, I might do it if I had a read.

[/ QUOTE ]
Ya, I was referencing the turn. I don't think we will be getting odds to draw to our set if he CRs the field on the turn (depending on what happens in between him and MP2).

Out of curiosity, what hand range do you assign to UTG? I am pretty sure he has to have AA, KK, or QQ right here, with QQ being the most probable.
Old 09-26-2005, 03:37 AM

Here's the whole hand.

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (9 max, 8 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is CO with K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG caps</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, Hero calls, SB calls.

Flop: (25 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG checks, UTG+1 checks, MP1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 calls.

Turn: (16.50 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG checks, MP2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls, UTG calls, MP2 calls.

River: (20.50 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG checks, MP2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, UTG folds, MP2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, SB calls, MP2 calls.

Final Pot: 29.50 BB
Old 09-26-2005, 03:38 AM

You turn goot. Followed my plan for the turn to a T. Nice pot. I don't suppose you would mind posting what each player had?
Old 09-26-2005, 03:46 AM

The sb had 99 and the flop better had A3o. Like I said, a good table. It's a pity he slowplayed the turn though.
Old 09-26-2005, 03:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The sb had 99 and the flop better had A3o. Like I said, a good table. It's a pity he slowplayed the turn though.

[/ QUOTE ]
You sir, are a luckbox.
Old 09-26-2005, 03:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
You sir, are a luckbox.

[/ QUOTE ]

I work hard at it. I sacrifice a chicken before every playing session. I used to do kittens but Wookie took that over.
Old 09-26-2005, 03:54 AM

Why didn't SB cap the river with his AA.

Scrap that. 99, bad slowplay. You deserved it.[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 09-26-2005, 04:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Why didn't SB cap the river with his AA.

Scrap that. 99, bad slowplay. You deserved it.[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
I was going to write a post that basically amounted to "WTF?" when I read what you wrote, but I figured I'd let it slide.
Old 09-26-2005, 04:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
You sir, are a luckbox.

[/ QUOTE ]

I work hard at it. I sacrifice a chicken before every playing session. I used to do kittens but Wookie took that over.

[/ QUOTE ]
In all seriousness, I hope you see what I'm saying when I assert that a flop raise does not increase your chances to win this pot if you are already behind. This is a call &gt; raise &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; fold situation on the flop.