Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Texas Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-27-2005, 06:20 PM

Default Re: Here\'s how.

The first step in correcting this would probably be to get your raise button fixed.

-ActionBob
Old 11-27-2005, 07:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The first step in correcting this would probably be to get your raise button fixed.

-ActionBob

[/ QUOTE ]
So you're suggesting that I try to bluff fish?

If I raise, they call. That's what they do. Explain to me one more time how raising a calling station will magically give me the winning hand at showdown instead of him.

Raising TAGs works well, or not, but at least I know where I stand. But the mantra here is that you want to play loose games full of fish, not TAGs.

Go back and look at my post at the entire list of my winning hands from the session. Raising here folded out everyone nearly every time--in these hands the fish had no ace, no pair, and no draw, so they folded. If they had an ace, a pair, or a draw, they would have never folded. See the losing hand list for those results. Raising did not win me those pots. It just transferred more of my chips to the calling stations when they sucked out on the river.
Old 11-27-2005, 08:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Raising here folded out everyone nearly every time

[/ QUOTE ]

With your 3% PFR, I too would be folding nearly every time you raised.
Old 11-27-2005, 09:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Raising here folded out everyone nearly every time

[/ QUOTE ]

With your 3% PFR, I too would be folding nearly every time you raised.

[/ QUOTE ]
Look at the list of starting hands from that session and tell me which additional ones you would have raised.

Good grief, people, my normal PFR isn't 3%. It was just at this table. The whole [censored] point was that tables like this come along all to often and kill you. Are you suggesting that I should throw in an additional 50BB raising junk hands so that I can squeeze another bet or two out of of the occasional premium hand?

These donks have no idea what my PFR is and could care less. They pay no attention to who has raised preflop. They don't even understand the concept. If they have any ace, any pair, any draw, they'll call. If they don't they might fold.