Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-08-2004, 10:50 PM

Default Re: 2 QTs hands. Party 3/6.

Hand one:

The preflop call is +EV. Period.

I will guess 2-3 people will disagree with me below. [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]

I would probably 3-bet the flop and bet out on the river.

Your river play is very odd [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 10-08-2004, 10:56 PM

Seems like it's a close enough on all streets to me. Calling a PFR in SB with QTs seems a little sketchy - obviously, you're behind and out of position

You are getting like 5-1 odds (likely 6-1ish) with a suited level four hand in a pot that is guaranteed to be LARGE and MULTIWAY (yeah, your hand thrives in these situations)

Calling is +EV (well for a good percentage of SS posters)

EDIT:

BLEHHHHH, just remembered the 1/3 structure had to re-do some math [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-08-2004, 11:00 PM

Hi bison,

Hand #1: Fold pre-Flop, especially with the 1/3 blind structure at 3/6. The Flop and Turn are fine, but I would definitely bet the River. The check-raise on the River just doesn't make any sense to me at all. In fact, I would check and call the River before I check-raised the River. Why are you shutting out the people in between you and LAG, who will probably call 1 bet but not 2? And LAG's pick up good hands sometimes too, meaning that you'll leave yourself open to a 3-bet from K9 or 44 or the like. Bet the River, let BB and UTG+2 call, and if LAG raises, just call.

Hand #2: This is good.

-Brian
Old 10-08-2004, 11:00 PM

Check-raise the flop. Check-call the turn. Bet out on the river.
Old 10-08-2004, 11:03 PM

Hi Trix,

[ QUOTE ]
Think I´d raise T9s+,KJs, but limp KTs and below here.

[/ QUOTE ]

This just doesn't make any sense to me at all. With 3 limpers to you in MP3 (the CO-1), you'd limp with KTs but raise T9s? You are aware that KTs is a much better hand than T9s, right? Even with 3 limpers, I'd MUCH rather have KTs than T9s. KTs should be an auto-raise here, don't even think twice about it.

-Brian
Old 10-08-2004, 11:12 PM

Hand #1: Fold pre-Flop, especially with the 1/3 blind structure at 3/6.

Brian-

I am pretty confident you could turn a profit here. The 1/3 structure makes it a little tougher, but its still +EV.
Old 10-08-2004, 11:15 PM

Default My response.

On hand 1:

I honestly put mr. v.loose-a2s on a flush draw as well and thought he would bet the river. If he failed to bet and the turn raiser bet, I believed that one of the other two would call (as well as the turn raiser). I'm gonna wait a while before showing what actually happened.

On hand 2:
I think this is a clear preflop raise.

Here's the rest of the action:
Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, <font color="666666">2 folds</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="666666">3 folds</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, MP2 calls.

Flop: (10.33 SB) J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG folds, <font color="CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls, UTG+1 calls, MP2 calls.

Turn: (9.16 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
BB folds, <font color="CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, MP2 calls, Hero calls.

River: (12.16 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG+1 folds, MP2 calls.

Final Pot: 17.16 BB
Old 10-08-2004, 11:43 PM

Hi sublime,

Would you have cold-called a reasonable raiser after 2 others cold-called and UTG limped had you had the Button?

-Brian
Old 10-08-2004, 11:50 PM

1)In the first hand I´m not sure I´d call at all to a early preflop Raise. Cuz Q-Ts is a drawinghand, and cuz of the raise your implied potodds are gettin cut down quite much.

But the rest of the hand a think look fine.

2)And the second hand I would definetley not raise Q-Ts in MP3 with several callers as you would want to keep as many in as possible.

Anyone disagree, please tellme. Cuz this is how I would play´em, and if it´s wrong, I wanna know.
Old 10-08-2004, 11:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
2)And the second hand I would definetley not raise Q-Ts in MP3 with several callers as you would want to keep as many in as possible.

Anyone disagree, please tellme. Cuz this is how I would play´em, and if it´s wrong, I wanna know.

[/ QUOTE ]

1) QTs is most likely a better hand than any of the 3 callers have. The raise has value simply because you have the best of it.
2) Raising here can sometimes buy you the button, which is very handy.