Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-11-2005, 09:56 PM

Default Re: party won\'t let me play with my girlfriend?

[ QUOTE ]
How do you suggest Party distinguish honest folks such as yourselves from colluders who, from their point of view, would be doing the exact same thing as you?

[/ QUOTE ]

Forgive me for seeming a bit naive here... but what same thing would these colluders be doing? Logging in from the same IP address MAYBE 5 times, then consequently logging in from different IP addresses every other time? If I'm not mistaken, you can look up the geographic area an IP address is coming from. Also, I thought that when collusion is suspected, Party can look at hand histories and decide whether those allegations are founded. Like we've said, since we've never discussed hands in progress and don't know what the other person until after, wouldn't our play that show that we've never colluded?
Old 08-12-2005, 12:10 AM

Default Re: party won\'t let me play with my girlfriend?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
How do you suggest Party distinguish honest folks such as yourselves from colluders who, from their point of view, would be doing the exact same thing as you?

[/ QUOTE ]

Forgive me for seeming a bit naive here... but what same thing would these colluders be doing? Logging in from the same IP address MAYBE 5 times, then consequently logging in from different IP addresses every other time? If I'm not mistaken, you can look up the geographic area an IP address is coming from. Also, I thought that when collusion is suspected, Party can look at hand histories and decide whether those allegations are founded. Like we've said, since we've never discussed hands in progress and don't know what the other person until after, wouldn't our play that show that we've never colluded?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sure your play would show that, but there's no way they have the resources to investigate every suspicious situation when it is much easier to avoid the problem by not allowing you to play together.

In the end, the damage that would be caused by potential colluders is much greater than the inconvenience experienced by honest players wanting to play together.

Poker is already perceived by many as a game full of cheaters. If Party was found to be full of colluders, it would do massive damage to the site and would give people reason to believe that poker is indeed a dirty game.