Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-15-2005, 02:47 AM

Default Re: MUBS or appropriate caution?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I don't get the flop raise. What do you want other players to fold here? They aren't folding a flush draw. Like 23 or 34? I'd rather call and see the turn. Given those two cards I'd probably call down as opposed to raising as some point.

[/ QUOTE ]
It doesn't matter if they'll fold or not but I'd much rather they pay 2-bets with whatever they're drawing with. The flop raise is for value.

[/ QUOTE ]

My point is that we don't want them to fold. We want them to call drawing to runner-runner trips. It's .05/.10 I guess. So maybe it's irrelevant.

[/ QUOTE ]

But by not raising, you are giving them correct odds to call at 12:1 and increasing w/ each caller.

[/ QUOTE ]

There are only two hands that that effects 34/23.

[ QUOTE ]
BTW, what is MUBS?

[/ QUOTE ]

Monsters Under the Bed Syndrome.
Old 12-15-2005, 02:33 AM

I was hoping to fold out A-rag hands by representing the bigger ace.

Also, protecting your hand from somebody with 3/4clubs. (makes a straight with a '2'), and encouraging others to make bad and expensive calls. The pot is big, and there are many players behind you.

With only 15 hands on this guy, call down. I think folding is a mistake.

Well, does he slow play? Cause that was a dumb slowplay (he should have 3bet/4bet the flop, or C/R the river) If he likes to get sneaky with hands above a pair, maybe you can fold. But if this guy is poking you, hoping you'll fold, i call. Do you think he wanted you to call, or to fold? Generally do the opposite (hard to tell online though).

Any more reads on villain?

I hate situations like these too. I'd like to see if somebody advocates raising the turn.........
Old 12-15-2005, 02:42 AM

My only comment is that you will never, ever, ever, ever, ever fold out a small A by raising this flop. Not at .05/.1, not at 5/10, not at 50/100, not at 500/100.

If you are raising the flop it is for value and protection but never for promotion. It's very important to realize this sort of thing otherwise you're going to be making a lot of raises in the wrong places for the wrong reasons.
Old 12-15-2005, 12:26 PM

:grunch:
[ QUOTE ]

Flop: (10 SB) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Villain bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG+1 folds, Button folds, SB folds, Villain calls.

I was hoping to fold out A-rag hands by representing the bigger ace.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think anyone with an A is going to fold to that flop raise. The turn donk bet is starting to make me give the villan for the A. Why not raise the turn? Fold to the reraise and check through on the river. I don't know about calling the river UI.