Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-07-2005, 12:06 AM

Default Counting outs hand

I was trying to figure out my outs in this multiway pot. What do you think my outs are, and how is my play on the flop and turn?

Just for fun the BB is 53/1/1.4 and extremely unpredictable. He seems to be playing backwards at times. I've seen him bet bottom pair all the way then check/call when he made the nut flush on the river.

UTG has only played one orbit. Nothing on him yet, but seems loose.

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) CP hand converter

Preflop: Hero is CO with J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (8.50 SB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG calls, Hero calls, Button calls.

Turn: (6.25 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Hero calls, Button calls, BB calls.

Old 12-07-2005, 12:15 AM

Default Re: Counting outs hand

4 clean gutshot outs, and probably 1.5 outs for the aces (generous), so 5-5.5 total?
Old 12-07-2005, 12:26 AM

Default Re: Counting outs hand

Your number of outs is going to depend on how likely it is that BB has a 7, a PP, a Q or nothing. It is also going to depend on what kind of players UTG and Button are. On the turn I would say it would around 5 outs.

I think you should have raised the flop here and then taken the free river if offered to you. Unless I improve on the turn however, I would not put a bet in there.

I would also fold the turn given how you played the hand.