Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-11-2005, 11:06 PM

Default HELP!!!

UTG+2 is a solid player...button is a calling station:

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. UTG+2 posts a blind of $1.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG+2 (poster) checks, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, Button calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero checks.

Anyone raising out of the BB here with KJo?

Flop: (3.50 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+2 calls, Button calls.

Turn: (3.25 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+2 bets</font>, Button calls, Hero calls.
3rd diamond concerned me against two callers, not to mention my still betting nothing but middle pair + inside straight draw...comments?

River: (6.25 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+2 raises</font>, Button folds, Hero calls.
I hit my straight, flush still possible...should I have bet out, should I have 3-bet? Who's doing what here?

Final Pot: 10.25 BB

Thanks for any comments.
Old 04-11-2005, 11:11 PM

Default Re: HELP!!!

PF=Good
Flop=Good
Turn=bet, that 5 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] doesn't particuarly scare me. When you checked he could be betting a wide variety of hands not necessarily the flush
River=Good, you really don't want to get 3-bet.
Old 04-11-2005, 11:14 PM

against a poster (solid or not) and a moron otb, i'll raise preflop.
Old 04-12-2005, 12:18 AM

Ok, I'm going to make a stab at this without looking at anyones responses (part of my grunchcan challenge requirement). If my logic is flawed someone please correct me.

First, I don't raise KJo against two opponents from the BB, most certainly with a solid player limping. KJo is hell to play for me out of position.

I'm betting this flop with middle pair good kicker. You have a middle pair hand with outs; the two Js, three non [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Ts and maybe 1.5 outs for the Ks.

I'm also better the turn with only calls on the flop. If UTG+2 is a solid player he could sense your fear of the flush and bet to get you to fold. I bet out again and slowdown if raised.

What I don't like is the bet on the river. If you thought he had a flush on the turn, making your straight on the river doesn't help you. Why bet it. It cost you two bets to see his flush when a check/call would get you to showdown for one. I don't have the ability to bet/fold to a raise on the river so I check/call the river as the hand stands.
Old 04-12-2005, 12:29 AM

Hell yes I'm raising. the solid player didn't limp - he posted &amp; checked. By the way, the fact that he posted UTG should make you reconsider your evaluation of him as solid.

Anyway, like tilt said. You have an equity edge here. Raise PF.

On the flop, b/c you didn't PFR, the pot is quite small. But your hand is fairly strong, in aggregate. I'll want to see the turn for 1 bet. Check-call 1, fold 2.