Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-17-2005, 04:14 PM

Default Re: Party\'s new Beta Software---- great features

I see where your problem lies now (sry, hard for me to picture, because I not have dual monitor setup) [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I think MTH will work fine with the 8 tables across two displays (I guess even if they are differnt resolutions - again I can't be sure bc never seen MTH working on dual monitors). BUT, I think the problem will then be with my auto-resizing util - it will resize all party windows it sees to the dimensions you set, regardless of different resolutions.

There are a number of 'fixes' I can see for your problem:

1. Try putting the high-res monitor to the same as the laptop (but this will mean poor display on high-res).

2. On my LCD monitor I can do 'fake' resolutions of higher than 1024x768 (its physical maximum), but the image quality is about the same as when the party tables are smaller (if this works then this may be your best solution at the moment, but I not sure if your laptop LCD screen will work like my monitor...).

3. You could run my util as normal (assuming it is working ok over two displays... can u confrim this?). But when you finally get 8 tables displayed, uncheck the 'enabled' button on my app, and resize all of the 1600x1200 tables by hand.

I think maybe the best solution might be a mixture of MTH (for tiling the tables accross the screens) and an altered version of my auto-resizing app, which can re-size tables differntly for each display. I will look into this now and read up on how ms-windows handles mutiple displays and see how I can addapt my code.

Juk [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-17-2005, 06:11 PM

Default Re: Party\'s new Beta Software---- great features

If you look at the page:

http://www.freewebs.com/jukofyork/Pa...20Resizer.html

Then you should see a version 0.3a of Auto-Resizer available to download. I cannot verify if this works (again bc I dont have dual monitors), but it *should* work and should be able to ONLY resize tables on the monitor it itself if running on (*should* be able to minimize Auto-Resizer, and it *should* still work and keep on only Auto-Resizing on the monitor it was last on before it was minimized).

The only difference now, is that if you have multiple monitors, then a copy of Auto-Resizer needs to be running on each of the monitors now (if the code works then I will fix this up more).

Any feedback would be appriciated, as I stress again I cannot test this code due to my setup and until get some feedback [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Juk [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-17-2005, 10:34 PM

Default Auto-Resizer main thread

Please read/post to this thread if possible for anything related to Auto-Resizer:

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/sh...Number=4222327

Just to try avoid confusion - Juk [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]