Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-10-2005, 01:23 AM

Default i gotta start posting hands

PokerStars 30/60 Hold'em (8 handed) pokerhand.org hand converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 caps</font>, Hero calls, UTG+1 calls.

Flop: (13 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG+1 checks, MP2 checks.

Turn: (6.50 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP2 calls.

River: (9.50 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+1 folds, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 13.50 BB

side note: what should i look for in hands to post? i can never think of any
Old 05-10-2005, 01:46 AM

Default Re: i gotta start posting hands

Any read on MP2? Most people arent capping preflop in non steal situations without AK or a pocket pair so I don't really like your turn bet because you are probably either behind or tied.

What are you hoping for with your river bet once they both call the turn. I dont see any pair folding and I dont see how this can possibly be a value bet so I guess I hate the river bet too.

After the flop is checked around I would usually check the turn and call a bet from MP2.
Old 05-10-2005, 02:22 AM

Why are you betting the river with AK against 2 opponents then call a raise?
Old 05-10-2005, 02:23 AM

Your river bet is bad. It accomplishes exactly nothing.
Old 05-10-2005, 04:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Why are you betting the river with AK against 2 opponents then call a raise?

[/ QUOTE ] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

when posting a hand, give us some insight of the thinking process that's going on among you and other players.
Old 05-10-2005, 05:18 AM

I think you need to put in comments like, "who likes the flop check, it was(nt) a failed checkraise)" and "should I lead the turn and fold to a raise" or "check-fold river unimproved".
Some information on your opponents would be particularly pertinent (loose, tight, solid, tricky, wild, tilting).

Nobody believes you have a 2 at the turn/river, so the most they will have you on is a big overpair or trip 7s/8s. I would guess MP2 has AA/KK/QQ/88/77 unless he's tricky.
Old 05-10-2005, 05:49 AM

Yeah, the river bet is no good. The reason is that when he capped, he most likely had a pair or AK. If you have reason to believe otherwise, then that's the kind of stuff you need to add to your post, otherwise we'll assume he's an average player who doesn't cap in this situation with anything less than AK. Anyway, on the river, the bet accomplishes nothing for the following reasons: if he has some sort of garbage, he's probably not going to call, and if he decides to play then he's most likely going to raise trying to push you off a weak hand (like AK) and then if you're still convinced you have the best hand you have to put in another big bet. You want to put in as few bets as possible with a hand like this on the river. Conversely, if he has a better hand, he's going to call with it, or raise when he has a really good hand, and in both cases you lose at least one bet. Basically, the most likely scenarios given the pre-river action are that you are either going to bet and not get called or bet and get called by a better hand. So when you win, you don't gain an extra bet, and when you lose, you lose an extra bet. Sorry, that took way too long to explain, but if you understand it, it will save you a lot of money.

So, what to do? Just check, and if he bets and you really think you have the best hand, call. If you don't like this line because you think you're losing value by not betting, reread the whole first paragraph. I hope this makes sense.
Old 05-10-2005, 06:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Your river bet is bad. It accomplishes exactly nothing.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah it really doesnt. You got two turn calls on a board that is real draw heavy. Is this a value bet, it looks like an bad spot to try to get paid off by a worse ace high. Check and try to induce a bluff. I think the river call is good considering the way the hand played out. Anyhow I wish you played all your hands like this, then you wouldnt be such a pain in the ass to play agaist.
Old 05-10-2005, 07:46 AM

I periodically post hands that don't look interesting to me. Sometimes someone will say "what the hell are you doing making x play" and I say "jesus, why do I do that, i'm going to stop"
Old 05-10-2005, 12:44 PM

oh alright let's add some info to the mix, MP2 is a total retard and can have literally any 2. except he is stupid aggro so i don't think he can have a pair when the flop checks around

also i need more advice about hand posting for el futuro