Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-16-2005, 08:43 PM

Default Re: Pissing off the nits.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
its really a bad case of FPS when your two plans for the hand are "try to bust his overplaying ass with 35s" and "push him off his missed overcards".

you cant have it both ways.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was planning on reevaluating on the turn. If a blank comes and he bets again, I fold. If I hit and he bets, I push. If he checks any card, I bet. Im gonna win the majority of the time becuase he will have air (as I believe he did have) enough. Oh, and this also gets me paid off when I have a set.

The reason I think he has air is becuase AA should not fold for that extra 200.

[/ QUOTE ]

Heres another "cant have it both ways". How can I be very predictable, but at the same time, be willing to reraise preflop, bet the flop and pound another $250 on the turn with nothing? You made some bad calls, and got lucky to hit the miracle turn card. You had 5 outs so 90% of the time you have to fold to my $250 turn bet. (unless youre planning on calling that with bottom pair.)

90% of the time you wouldve lost $140 or so on that hand and 10% of the time you will win the $400 or so that you won. Sounds very -EV to me.
Old 09-16-2005, 08:50 PM

By the way, what is a "nit"?
Old 09-16-2005, 08:58 PM

Default Re: Response

good post.
Old 09-16-2005, 09:15 PM

I just googled it and this is what came up.

Nits.

Seriously though nobody gives a **** about your personal wars. Please take it offline somebody.
Old 09-16-2005, 09:34 PM

i cant believe i just read this whole thread. now ir eally cant believe that im actually replying.
Old 09-16-2005, 09:56 PM

a nit is a very tight player, or weak tight. whenever a strategy question comes up their answer is "fold, he might have top set" or something along those lines. sometimes it means a person who makes a big deal out of something insignificant which has no bearing on anything useful, ie arguing meaningless semantics.
Old 09-16-2005, 10:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I just googled it and this is what came up.

Nits.

Seriously though nobody gives a **** about your personal wars. Please take it offline somebody.

[/ QUOTE ]

Im not mad at him so I wouldnt call it a war.
The 2 big hands we played against each other do have some pretty good strategy involved. Its not like they are run of the mill hands. They were presented pretty war-like though so I get your point.

It is interesting to see how another player views you and your poker game and we play against each other alot so it will be interesting from here on out.
Old 09-16-2005, 10:17 PM

HU Match
Old 09-16-2005, 10:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
HU Match

[/ QUOTE ]

I suck at heads up play. Cool avatar
Old 09-17-2005, 05:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I got lucky when my TT beat AA allin on the flop when I first sit down, so table thinks im a bit of a donk. Loose player raises to 12. I call on button with 35 suited. BB who thinks hes awesome, reraises to 40. Hes pretty tag and predictable. Effective stacks are 600, so I call for 28 more.

Flop comes Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. He bets 90 into 100 pot. I called becuae hes shutting dfown on a [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] or if he has AK or JJ. Turn is a beautiful 5 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. He bets close to full pot, 250. He only has 200 behind so I time down a bit then push. He thinks forever then folds! He says AA but I doubt it given the pot was 1000 with 200 to call.

Villan blasts me for 3 minutes when I get dealt T [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] and raise to 16. Villan calls (he reloaded to 400)from bb. Flop comes A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. He checks, I bet almost pot,28. He calls. Turn is the J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
He checks, I bet 64 into 80 pot. He CR to 200. I push, he calls with QQ. River bricks and hes gunninf for me for the rest of the day, calling me the biggest fish ever and the like. I love nits who tilt.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think a lot of nits are nits because they CANT handle the variance, so when a little is thrust upon them, they lose it quicker than others.