Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-12-2005, 02:25 PM

Default My first time 6-maxing NL600...your river move?

Although I'm not fond of the game (or don't understand it, yet), I have no choice but to play 6-max. Other than the sporadic one or two games at Party, there simply aren’t a lot of 10-max NL600 games.

I'm relatively new to the table.

(a) Do you like the size of the turn bet?
(b) Do you lead the river?
(c) What's your move?

All comments appreciated.

Thanks,

Garland

Ultimate Bet No-Limit Hold'em, $6 BB (6 handed) converter

MP ($283)
CO ($88)
Button ($1871.60)
SB ($392.30)
Garland ($600)
UTG ($251.35)

Preflop: Garland is BB with J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
UTG calls $6, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls $6, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB completes, Garland checks.

Flop: ($24) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, Garland checks, UTG checks, CO checks.

Turn: ($24) J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Garland bets $15</font>, UTG calls $15, CO folds, SB folds.

River: ($54) Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Garland bets $33</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises to $66</font>, Garland ???
Old 06-12-2005, 02:39 PM

Default Re: My first time 6-maxing NL600...your river move?

Eh, I'm not really sure what there is to discuss here. I'd make it a little more on the turn, but that is largely a matter of taste. On the river, he probably has you beat (queens up would be my guess), but you are getting 33:150 or whatever, so you are clearly calling.

More to the point- you seem pretty decent from what I have read of your posts, so I'm guessing your unfamiliarity with the party 6-max games is causing you to overthink things. If this were your regular game, I doubt you'd think twice about the hand, regardless of what happened.

-muz
Old 06-12-2005, 02:43 PM

all good, I fold the river
Old 06-12-2005, 02:50 PM

Yea I fold this river barring a read.
Old 06-12-2005, 03:14 PM

I think this is an auto call. Your probably beat about 60% of the time so a call makes sense given the size of the pot. I feel that enough times, your opponent will have only a queen or be on a complete bluff if he missed. Raising shouldn't be an option, so easy call.
Old 06-12-2005, 03:15 PM

The problem with the river is that it's pretty clear he wants a call (he must be aware that he has very little fold equity). I doubt he would play a flopped set that slowly, but isn't it possible he has something like KQ[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]/AQ[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]/AJ and just thinks he is good?
Old 06-12-2005, 03:17 PM

Sigh....

Are you people serious? I think i am gonna have to get rid of my rock icon now.

1. Hero only has to be winning 1 time in 5.5 to be even money here. 5.5!!! That is a lotta times.

2. Hero has 2 pair! That is a pretty big hand.

3. What are we putting villain on here? There are lots of hands he could have that lose. Qx [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], QT, a slowplayed 97, hearts that missed... remember, these people are bad. Unless this guy is a supernit, you have to call this.

Now I know, Garland is gonna say he had T8 or QJ or whatever, and it will look like y'all made a good laydown... but you guys know that he posted this!...and you only need to win 1 time in 5.5!!! If you make these folds in practice, you are going to get run over.

That is all.
Old 06-12-2005, 05:08 PM

Er... call?
You'll be up against AQ [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], KQ [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] etc.. enough to make this a call.
Old 06-12-2005, 05:59 PM

If anyone is folding two pair here, I'd REGULARLY minraise bluff you any hand I could.
Old 06-12-2005, 06:08 PM

Bet more on the turn (especially with your poor position), and with no read I'd call his river raise.
With your weak turn bet, I doubt villain puts you on two pair here.

I'd only fold this with a solid read on villain.