Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-21-2005, 04:09 AM

Default I Like One Pair

I have just recently hit 40k hands and am a break even player at 1/2.

I feel I play well but have been diligently trying to work out where I am going wrong.

Comparing PT stats with some other players I noticed that my W$SD with One Pair was incredibly low compared to others.

My W$SD with One Pair was 37.88%

Out of the 23,363 times I have had it, I have gone to showdown with it 1,444 times, so about 6% of the time I have a pair I am going to showdown.

I would appreciate it if some of you guys with at least 30K+ hands on your play could tell me whether my W$SD is abnormally low and indicative of a huge leak.
Old 12-21-2005, 04:13 AM

Default Re: I Like One Pair

i wouldnt worry about this stat. this counts all the times you folded and turned or rivered a pair, all the times you got like bottom pair and wouldnt continue. this is no big deal. what are your other more vital stats like VPIP, PFR, WSD, etc. also posting hands and replying to hands is so much more helpful than looking at PT stats. Reread SSH and read TOP, etc if you havent already. i broke even for 50k at 1/2 just because .5/1 was soooo easy and i didnt fix any leaks there. this may be whats wrong. so do all that shite and get back to us in another 20k
Old 12-21-2005, 04:23 AM

I agree that for the most part stats comparisons arent overly helpful unless there is huge discrepancies. I have looked at the Tiger Woods Stats post and my numbers are close to or within the numbers there.

I think W$SD is free of all the messiness you mentioned and a significant difference between my value and a number of others would be indicative of me going too far with one pair.

I will take your advice and come back in another 20K hands, so in about 10 day or so, but still would appreciate people letting me know their W$SD with One Pair as I do belive its a valid stat free of the fuzziness you mentioned.
Old 12-21-2005, 05:21 AM

My W$SD for one pair is about 46% at 2/4