Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-11-2005, 09:30 AM

Default Re: plea for help (l/c...lock this)

180lb is not really a fat fat chick,(although it is if she's like 3ft tall.) 180lb is a chick who doesn't get it very often and will appreciate it more.

With regards to Bobs post,I have always read your posts with interest as you moved up through the limits at quite similar times to my self, although you also moved up to 10/20, I have played 360,000 hands so far this year and the last 45,000 or so suck, my first 80 - 90,000 hands at 5-10 I ran at a not exactly earth moving 1BB/100 even this included a run when I lost $2500, thankfully the extreme misfortune of that run, yo yoed right back in about 2 days.

Then two months ago, started the month of and lost every day for 6 or 7 days, -$2400, then for personal reasons and the fkin party cr@p, couldn't play as much as usual, so ended up the month 1300 down, Next month same sorts start 5 days of total cr@p $3000 down, then the rest of the month trying to get the hands in to climb out of the gutter.

So this got me thinking a lot about my game, which happens when you feel like maybe you never knew anything in the first place, I sometimes think maybe i was just lucky to have 13 winning months before.

So the 2 areas I have started to focus on are my blind stealing and defence, My steal attempted had been an anemic 28-29%, while my defence was not to bad at 55 - 58% but one thing I realised was that due to lack of confindence, I had become more weak tight post flop, Not applying pressure enough, being to predictable, not ever making anyone at the table wish I wasn't there.

The second thing I am working on I call subtle tilt, not the sort of mad tilt when you lose one hand to a chaser with 2 outs, the kind of tilt that creeps up on you, when you lose hand after hand regardless of how dominated you have your opponent, this tilt just catches you so you start to question your every action, play scared, stop stealing cos your gonna lose anyways, start hating the god damn website for pickin on you, start praying for just one hand hand to hold up against the useless idiot, who keeps catchin hand after hand.

But this tilt is what actually costs me, cos all it takes is a burst a spraying chips and you really don't have to spray very many, say ten or so, to ruin the winrate of a 1000 hands.

P.s sorry if my post rambles on. But maybe some things in it will make you think of things that you may or may not be doing.
Old 12-11-2005, 01:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
gl Bob, you can do it.

[/ QUOTE ]

surfbullet you are usually spot on, but this is a bit condescending.

of course Bob can bang a fat chick.

[/ QUOTE ]

How is that condescending? I am curious.

And Bob, switch the change to your other pocket ala tin cup.
Old 12-11-2005, 01:32 PM

"How is that condescending? "

I think you missed the joke doc
Old 12-11-2005, 02:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think PBob is a better player than me so I don't think this is really 1-upping him...but I'm now down 645BB's in my last 44k hands.

I think it's something to do with the whole 'Bob' thing.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not trying to be a dick at all-so dont take it that way..I think this just needs to be said. I know your being somewhat sarcastic here...but 650bb downswing is due to playing bad not varience. Even if you were a proven winner in the past..this doesnt mean your game hasnt changed somewhat and is now causing you to not play as goot.
Old 12-11-2005, 02:20 PM

try a switch to NL for a week or two. It helps me whenever Im in a downswing that I feel I never can get out of.
Old 12-11-2005, 02:21 PM

I have no advice. I just wish you well and hope you turn it around soon.
Old 12-11-2005, 03:30 PM

I'm pretty sure I said this also (if not in this post, then in others)

I'm not using the 'variance' excuse whereas I suspect it probably applies in PBob's case (although I suspect his frustration is effecting his game too).

However, there are some pretty good players who have had downswings in the 600BB range.

I think Victor closed in on that at one point.
As did BicycleKick.

If it's possible to have a 300BB down-swing then it certainly isn't so impossible to have a couple back to back.

But again...this is for a winning player. For a player who is clearly playing a losing game to blame the losses on 'variance' would be pretty self-delusional (however, I think I see it happen all the time around here).

It truly sucky player to drop that many BB's at 5/10 and lower.

I also wanted to mention that I too believe that PBob can bang a fat chick and I wish him luck.
And that 180 lbs lsn't super-fat if she's like 6'3" or something. That sounds like a wild night to me.
Old 12-11-2005, 04:30 PM

I'm having these downswing problems as well as the others in this thread. I've had notable players watch me play and have taken care to evaluate my play as objectively as possible. I'm far from perfect, but no one has seen any decision making that would result in the loss of hundreds of BBs. Sometimes you just get crushed over and over. This is combined with missing a ton of flops in hands that are 3 handed + to the turn, missed draws, etc etc. It just sucks. It's frustrating to sit at a table full of 40+/xx/xx and NOT win.

So, while I think we should never look at downswings and NOT be careful to examine our play and fix what might be broke, sometimes you seriously can't do a thing about it. I'm still waiting to have my 50-100k of just running plain good. Shoot, running NORMAL would be grand for that long. Let's just face it, we're all pretty limited by our experiences as individuals and as a community (that is to say, do we really know what an acceptable number would be for a downswing that isn't based on the limited results of one another?). Collectively, we'll obviously be able to at least figure out the possibilities and to work from there.

If I'm at all out of line with these ideas, then I apologize and look foward to my edu-ma-cation. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 12-12-2005, 12:16 PM

I refuse refuse refuse to believe you're playing taht badly. I've sweated you numerous times and on a couple times have even said "yeah I like the way you played that hand better than the way I would have played it." I'm not trying to build you up or kiss your ass here...just tellin it like it is.

I'm off to canterbury now...you should come sit by me and sweat eachothers hands...might help ya.
Old 12-12-2005, 02:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think PBob is a better player than me so I don't think this is really 1-upping him...but I'm now down 645BB's in my last 44k hands.

I think it's something to do with the whole 'Bob' thing.

[/ QUOTE ]
uh oh