Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-19-2005, 09:28 AM

Default Super Magoo Jamboree @ MGM: A Dealers Perspective...

I just got home after my 10 hour day of dealing at the MGM. Man, what a bunch this group is...(mean that in a good way, trust me!) A couple of the highlights of my night: opening a game with 10 of these magoos who all bet $1 that they would win the deal for the button... I will admit that I would gamble on cockroach racing in New Mexico if it was a sport..but betting on who would get the button? Never seen that one before... One of the players (who I made aware of this) became the first ever MGM Grand poker player to live straddle in a crazy pineapple game... (Had something to do with the fact that we've never spread it...but hey, had to make the guy feel special, right?) I managed to get through an entire half hour in the private room upstairs without getting kicked in the nuts by Al Capone... My last half hour to the magoos featured someone having to be told by our graveyard shift manager to "turn the volume down a few notches"... After being scolded, he proceeded to spill a drink all over the left side of the table... Par for the course, I figured...(hey, at least nobody vomitted, right?) Overall, it was a good night. Everyone on the MGM staff agreed: this is one group who is more than welcome back anytime they have a get together. A very generous and courteous group indeed, even for a bunch of drunken magoos!
Old 06-19-2005, 09:52 AM

Default Re: Super Magoo Jamboree @ MGM: A Dealers Perspective...

The staff did great, despite the lack of cocktail service. It wasnt that bad, just about every half hour though.
Old 06-20-2005, 04:42 AM

That was you? Glad we could oblige. Man betting for who wins the button was the nuts.
Old 06-20-2005, 02:11 PM

I know dicelump, he's a good guy. He'd fit right in with our magoo fest the next time if he can get the night off. I guess the upstairs game wasn't quite as crazy as the rest of ya'all.

Dice, thanks again to you and the rest of the crew for putting up with this bunch [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 06-21-2005, 03:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
My last half hour to the magoos featured someone having to be told by our graveyard shift manager to "turn the volume down a few notches"... After being scolded, he proceeded to spill a drink all over the left side of the table... Par for the course, I figured...(hey, at least nobody vomitted, right?)

[/ QUOTE ]

Who is this insane man? <font color="white">It's "The Dude"</font>

I was in the seat to your right.
Old 06-21-2005, 04:05 AM

Strike one! That is Brandon and he's not Dicelump! Try again! Btw, I was the guy with the light sunglasses and red shirt that came downstairs and asked if anyone was going upstairs when you were taking these pics!
Old 06-21-2005, 05:30 AM

i told one dealer if i flopped a set on both the flops of double flop hold-em, i'll tip him the whole pot.

i fold my pp face up on the flop and tip him 5 bucks anyway.
Old 06-21-2005, 07:59 AM

One dealer dealt an extra hand or two with his push standing behind him cuz he didn't want to leave. I was in the 1 seat, and kept randomly dropping chips into the dealer's shirts. Each dealer at our table made at least $50.
Old 06-21-2005, 06:48 PM

Yeah, that is Brandon...not a 2+2er as far as I know... I think I'm the only one in the room that posts on 2+2... I should have gotten the night off and thrown on a kick-ass sticker on my shirt, but the place was a zoo, and the chances of a day off were slim to none... The highlight of my night would have been playing taxi to Al Capone since he was either A) Way too hammered to drive all the way to Boulder... or B) Not able to drive after breaking his foot while attempting to kick someone in the nuts, missing, and kicking the rake drop box instead...
Old 06-21-2005, 06:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
My last half hour to the magoos featured someone having to be told by our graveyard shift manager to "turn the volume down a few notches"... After being scolded, he proceeded to spill a drink all over the left side of the table... Par for the course, I figured...(hey, at least nobody vomitted, right?)

[/ QUOTE ]

Who is this insane man? <font color="white">It's "The Dude"</font>

I was in the seat to your right.

[/ QUOTE ]

That picture is awesome. There's a fair chance someone in that picture may have been yelling for a deuce to hit the board.