Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-18-2004, 03:07 AM

Default Rakeback or Bonus

Just wondering if, in general, you're better off playing at a site where you have a rakeback deal or a site where you have bonus dollars.

I have a 30% rakeback deal at Empire, but Party is offering that $200 deposit bonus. I'm thinking the bonus dollars might be better. I'm too tired to run the numbers right now. Has anyone compared these two things?
Old 12-18-2004, 03:13 AM

Default Re: Rakeback or Bonus

[ QUOTE ]
Just wondering if, in general, you're better off playing at a site where you have a rakeback deal or a site where you have bonus dollars.

I have a 30% rakeback deal at Empire, but Party is offering that $200 deposit bonus. I'm thinking the bonus dollars might be better. I'm too tired to run the numbers right now. Has anyone compared these two things?

[/ QUOTE ]

Hopefully someone will have the thread bookmarked or maybe you can search for it. Microbob was one of the people that broke it down. In simple terms, it showed pretty much a Party bonus will always be better than any rakeback deal.

Here's an extreme example :

1400 raked hands with rake maxed out on each of those hands ($3 per hand) = $4200 total rake collected.

If you play full tables, you end up with around 9.5 players per hand. $4200 / 9.5 players = $442.

Now your rake account has $442. You get 30% of that which is $132. The Party bonus will give you $200 over that same period.

This is an extreme example but I'm sure you get the idea.
Old 12-18-2004, 03:43 AM

Default Re: Rakeback or Bonus

I did a search before I posted, but couldn't find anything. I was thinking that the bonus must be better, but I wasn't sure. Thanks for the info.