Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Street fight
Brunson 19 29.23%
Gus Hanson 46 70.77%
Voters: 65. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-19-2005, 04:44 PM

Default Re: cheaters...with poll

Uh-oh, this has devolved to both name calling and Rounders quotes.

Abort thread! Abort!
Old 09-19-2005, 05:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Uh-oh, this has devolved to both name calling and Rounders quotes.

Abort thread! Abort!

[/ QUOTE ]

Which provides an intro to another poll: What is the average amount of time it takes at a low-stakes B&M game for some idiot to make a Rounders reference? [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 09-19-2005, 05:51 PM

Yeah, isn't it a shame though, you can't ask a simple question without all the a..h.... coming out of the woodwork. I say either take the opportunity to express your opinion or SKIP THE THREAD!! Duh!!! This is my first time posting on this site, and I'll tell you, the rudness has been unbelievable!!! Don't people have anything better to do than be rude to their "fellow man". What is your definition of IDIOT anyway, and how would you know? We really should be careful what we say to others because we're sometimes talking out loud about our opinions of ourselves. You know, Look before you leap. Think before you speak.
Old 09-19-2005, 05:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, isn't it a shame though, you can't ask a simple question without all the a..h.... coming out of the woodwork. I say either take the opportunity to express your opinion or SKIP THE THREAD!! Duh!!! This is my first time posting on this site, and I'll tell you, the rudness has been unbelievable!!! Don't people have anything better to do than be rude to their "fellow man". What is your definition of IDIOT anyway, and how would you know? We really should be careful what we say to others because we're sometimes talking out loud about our opinions of ourselves. You know, Look before you leap. Think before you speak.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was going to respond and say that I never attacked your original question...but then I realized it was you who quoted Rounders, so I understand the hostility. It wasn't at the table, though! Eh, que sera sera.
Old 09-19-2005, 06:36 PM

Did you take the time to read the thread that incited the quote? Based on your response, probably not. Try again. and you're right, you're not at the table. Too bad.
Old 09-19-2005, 10:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
To all you "Quoters", Don't be like sheep. or, Monkey see, monkey do.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 09-19-2005, 10:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
No, Howard, the poll is just fine the way it is. If you think that less than 10%of people cheat, then that's YOUR answer. Someone else may feel that it's more or less, that's why ALL THE OTHER OPTIONS ARE THERE!!! This poll is not just for YOU.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wasn't attacking you, I was trying to be sincerely helpful. You set it up your way and look at the results you got. I assume that the replies aren't what you wanted and suggested a way to get them. Once you put *everybody* into the poll, which would cause all the responders who clicked it to admit to cheating it became an object of derision which is what you got a lot of. The rest of the large numbers are just plain silly, opinions or no. I wouldn't take such a poll seriously and apparently neither did many others.

A last word. My style is to be helpful, not to flame. If I respond to you in the future please bear that in mind.
Old 09-19-2005, 10:26 PM

I think quite a few people soft play eachother if they are friends, or kick eachother to let them know they have AA KK... but what's important to realize is that the people who need to cheat and risk it are not that good at playing poker, and necessarily will suck at cheating also, since they don't even understand how they could cheat to drastically affect their win rate...

I THINK A LOT OF IDIOTS CHEAT AND STILL LOSE...WHICH IS AWESOME

ERBY [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Old 09-19-2005, 10:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, isn't it a shame though, you can't ask a simple question without all the a..h.... coming out of the woodwork.

[/ QUOTE ]

How does someone with 13 posts (one of which was a rounders quote) and a poll where everything other than none or less than 10% is absolutely ridiculous come off claiming people are coming out of the woodwork...
Old 09-20-2005, 10:19 AM

Statistics say about 25 percent of married men and 17 percent of married women cheat.

Wait, were we talking about poker?