Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-02-2005, 02:55 PM

Default Re: Gas

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Eastern PA. Not sure how large an area the chain covers though...

[/ QUOTE ]

Central NJ too.

[/ QUOTE ]

No. Central NJ has "The Wa."

scrub
Old 09-02-2005, 03:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Eastern PA. Not sure how large an area the chain covers though...

[/ QUOTE ]

Central NJ too.

[/ QUOTE ]

cream cheese pretzels baby.
Old 09-02-2005, 04:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Will the price of gas stop you from going to A B&M and play on-line

[/ QUOTE ]

At $3.19 a gallon it costs me $10 round trip to drive from my house to Green Bay, as long as the game is full of donkeys playing J-5 sooooted I'll still be there to take their money!

Now if it hits $5 a gallon, it's time to start thinking about finding a donkey to bring with me to share the transportation expense.
Old 09-02-2005, 05:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Sheetz = touch screen ordering at the pump!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Now that's pretty damn cool!!

I was in Erie and Johnstown in 94 and 95....so this was way back in the dark-ages as far as sandwich ordering convenience is concerned.

I remember the first time I was riding with a co-worker and we stopped off to get gas and he said "you've got to try the subs here."
I thought "you've got to be kidding...it's a freaking gas-station."
Boy was I wrong. I was hooked on sheetz.

GF and I are likey driving up from Memphis to Washington DC at end of Sept and then perhaps driving across to Cumberland, MD area (my grandmother).

Will be keeping an eye out for any Sheetz and Wawa's.

The other Pennsylvania franchise I miss are Eat 'n Park's, "The place for Smiles!"
Old 09-02-2005, 06:14 PM

Default Tunica\'s dead rooms

Didn't stop me from going to tunica to play some nl at the goldstrike yesterday (thursday) on my way to visit the folks, however, according to some of the dealers the gas prices could be the primary reason the tunica poker rooms were so dead thursday afternoon and night.

KoW
Old 09-02-2005, 06:24 PM

Default Re: Tunica\'s dead rooms

There's absolutely no reason to believe the dealers there have any more insight than anyone else on why it would be kind of dead.
Upcoming travel for Labor Day weekend.
Also...right before the first Friday of the month...as well as right on the first of the month.
People are probably getting some paychecks this weekend I suspect.

When I dealt blackjack we would theorize as to why it was 'busier than usual for a Tuesday/Friday/Sunday/whatever-day' or why is what less busy than normal.
Different dealers would have different theories....and nobody really ever had any clue what they were talking about.

Sometimes there are busy days...sometimes there aren't.

Another Tunica theory could be that many of the New Orleans and Biloxi refugees have stopped playing as much because they are realizing that this is going to be a MUCH longer haul than they previously figured and that they better start saving their money.

Lots of theories. Rising gas prices could be a valid one as well....although driving around Memphis today I thought that auto-traffic was just as busy and nutty as usual.
Old 09-02-2005, 06:27 PM

it's usually never busy on sunday evenings because everyone is home watching "desperate housewives"

ERBY [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Old 09-02-2005, 11:01 PM

Certainly taking what a dealer says with a grain of salt is good advice to live by [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

I was disappointed that my time at the NL game at the goldstrike wasn't as wild and crazy as advertised. We played 6-8 handed much of the time and it was full of weak-tighties. At first I was a bit nervous about being pushed around not used to playing deep stacks, but it turned out I was the one doing the pushing around and booked a couple nice wins from aggression and being paid with top set [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
Old 09-03-2005, 01:05 AM

If you play pro or semi pro, it could definately make you think about going online. Case in point a few weeks ago I met a buddy in downtown Toronto who was playing at the EX. I decide to head to Niagara to play NL, I played for 2.5 hours and won 39 dollars I tipped away about 5 bucks to bartenders/waiters and dealers, I paid 10 bucks for a meal and paid 20 in gas . So what did I net about 4 bucks? If I was serious about the trip I wouldn't have made the trip in the first place....... [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 09-03-2005, 09:55 AM

Default Absolutely

I've been going to Foxwoods (90 miles each way) roughly every 2-3 weekends; I don't think I can keep doing that without some serious carpooling.