Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-14-2005, 04:38 PM

Default Note to self: get to your nearest B&M room early during World Series!

Can anyone else share their experiences from B&M cardrooms in the last couple of weeks? I can offer a perspective from the MGM, along with a few places I tried to visit/play at during the WSOP's final couple of weeks... 1 word: ZOO!!! MGM had all 23 tables jamming from about 4pm in the afternoon til the wee hours of the morning when a few would finally break...very tough to get onto a game. I went to the Bellagio (forget what night it was...) Some of the lists were over 50 names long...some closer to 100! Mandalay Bay...forget it...they don't have the tables/resources to accomodate a busy time of the year like this...couldn't sit down there within an hour, either... Wynn changed their 1-2nl game to a 1-3nl game, some said it would change back after the World Series...either way, it was a zoo there as well...couldn't get near the room on the 2 nights I tried... Anyone else have any comments/rants about their experiences in the last 2 weeks? Didn't help matters that the MGM was providing the rooms for all the Party Poker qualifiers for the ME...that ensured long lists right there...