Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-19-2005, 11:40 PM

Default Re: Poker Prophecy Software

[ QUOTE ]
i have used it early and some dude goes all in and i have say qq or ak or something. if he's got a 10% winrate I probably have him beat. to be cliche i've probably paid for it and then some in situations like that.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this is the reason to buy the software. It can be really tough to call an all in preflop reraise with AK and QQs. If I knew the player had a win rate of <20%, I think there is probably a good chance I will be calling and he will have AQs-A8o, or JJ-88s. I see it all the time.
Old 05-19-2005, 11:42 PM

prophecy rocks my socks

i will continue to be the resident prophecy shill because that program is just so badass.

i don't like the new overlay thing at all...doesn't take sample sizes into account and its quite ugly...but the utility of this thing is awesome when making 'reads' early.

Andre
Old 05-19-2005, 11:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
that said i paid 20 bucks for it and use it as entertainment to see the guy calling me a moron douchbag loser kusty's 10% itm. i have used it early and some dude goes all in and i have say qq or ak or something. if hes got a 10% winrate I probably have him beat. to be cliche i've probably paid for it and then some in situations like that.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is pretty much the reason I eventually payed for it even though i hate it. It really nice in situations like this or post flop when some guy puts you all-in post flop when you are holding TT on a 9-high flop. If you look at the guys stats and hes a big winner, you are likely beat. If hes a big fish then hes probably got J9 or some garbage you have smashed.
Old 05-20-2005, 12:15 AM

I bought the software and I think it will be useful. I put the names of a few of my friends who claim to be big winners at the 200+15. They have win rates 22 and 26%. Probably not profitable for them. Anyway it is only 40 bucks for the software and I think it will pay for itself with a couple of good calls against an aggressive fish.
Old 05-20-2005, 01:08 AM

PP on me:
Player grimel
Games played 20
Wins 6 (30%)
Losses 14 (70%)

PT:
tourneys: 22
Wins: 9 (40.9%)
losses: 13 (59.1%)

Believe PP's stats at your own peril.
Old 05-20-2005, 01:14 AM

If any of these popular poker tools are useful only a tiny percentage of the time, they'll pay for themselves many, many times over.

That said, their sampling seems to consistently overstate people's win rates. Mine has usually shown me ITM at between around 45 and 50%, and I've never had anything like those win rates. And this is after getting over 300 of my games. My ITM is about 37-38%.

ITM is a pretty weak indicator of profitability, too. Now if they were zeroing in on your ROI, it would potentially say vastly more about you as a player.
Old 05-20-2005, 01:25 AM

Pokerprophecy results are meaningless with a small sample. With that being said, 100 is still a small sample but 100 games shows that the dude plays a bit. With small samples there misses become much more evident.
Old 05-20-2005, 02:16 AM

my tru stats according to spreadsheet

1759 tourneys played @ 36.1%

Poker prophecies stats on me

679 tourneys played @ 41%
Old 05-20-2005, 02:36 AM

but PP CLAIMS to get all the games and CLAIMS it takes 20 events to get meaningful results.

Do note, I've only had PT for about a month. How long has PP been trying to catch games? I have to ask for HH and import them into PT. So, in 1 month I've played more than PP shows this year.
Old 05-20-2005, 01:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
PP relies on PArty software for updates. and you know how bad Party software is. it might list 1 player at the table, but when you double click to see the table, there might be 8 players already sitting there.

[/ QUOTE ]

We actually have developed a bit of a work around for this at the start of May, Party Poker changed up a few things(mainly updating very slowly) on us so we had to change a few paremeters and add on some systems. If you go to www.pokerprophecy.com, data history you can see we have improved from our decline and we will hopefully reach our goal of 20,000 games recorded today.

[ QUOTE ]

it is currently useless for table selection. PP relies on PArty software for updates. and you know how bad Party software is. it might list 1 player at the table, but when you double click to see the table, there might be 8 players already sitting there.

and PP is useless for multitabling selection. once you sit at a table, it will only give you stats on that table.

so if you 4 table, and *IF* party software updates fast enough that you PP is able to retrieve names from the tables, it'll only help with table selection for 1 table.

you'll have to manually enter names for the other 3 tables. that is a pain, and is inconvienent. not to mention that you'll only have time to enter like 2 names before the table fills up.

[/ QUOTE ]

We are also going to be adding two features to help with the above situations.

First we are adding a table selection, much like the player selection, type in the table and get your data.

Second we are adding an automatic search feature that as soon as a player sits down at a table Poker Prophecy will update your table list so no more waiting on the Lobby to update.

If any one has any more suggestions or comments please let me know via post or pm, Thanks.