Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-19-2005, 04:40 PM

Default What Has Helped Me With Betting Baseball...

I'm not going to come on here and lie that I make thousands a month betting on baseball... Up until 2 or 3 years ago, I wouldn't finish a year ahead. However, I think I've found the secret to betting: fantasy baseball. Ever since getting involved with that, I've managed to learn about pretty much every crappy pitcher in the league. Now I can bet against all the known gascans in the league and hold my own, sometimes make a couple hundred a month. I can now afford to bet on baseball and I'm not always losing!
Old 04-19-2005, 08:50 PM

Default Re: What Has Helped Me With Betting Baseball...

cool, so who are your picks...
Old 04-20-2005, 11:05 AM

LOL!!! Sorry...I will start posting that... I will be honest, though...I'm 2-1 this week betting against the pitchers that have sucked ass the last few years. Chan Ho Park for Texas, being one (they made him the favorite a few nights ago! He's terrible!!!, and lost of course..) Shawn Chacone for Colorado is another, although in all fairness he pitched well and the team still lost... I will start a new thread putting my "fantasy baseball influenced" play(s) of the day.
Old 04-20-2005, 12:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm not going to come on here and lie that I make thousands a month betting on baseball... Up until 2 or 3 years ago, I wouldn't finish a year ahead. However, I think I've found the secret to betting: fantasy baseball. Ever since getting involved with that, I've managed to learn about pretty much every crappy pitcher in the league. Now I can bet against all the known gascans in the league and hold my own, sometimes make a couple hundred a month. I can now afford to bet on baseball and I'm not always losing!

[/ QUOTE ]

I've been consistently winning at betting baseball for very similar reasons. I'm not a serious sports bettor, I'm only a student trying to put some extra padding in my wallet, so I'm not making thousands a month or anything.

Definitely start posting your picks, I posted a few of mine for today. I'd like to hear your thoughts.
Old 04-20-2005, 12:38 PM

I think it also helps because it's so focused on predicting future performance. I check out my 2005 Baseball Prospectus regularly, I need to start reading the site and using hard numbers in my capping.
Old 04-20-2005, 01:10 PM

When I first started in on fantasy baseball about 10 years ago what it did for me was make me realize just how often the stud pitcher "doesn't" win. That's when I really started getting involved in baseball betting and really saw the light concerning overrated lines and longshots and probabilities.