Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium-Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-09-2005, 02:24 PM

Default Re: I\'m moving down (LC)

[ QUOTE ]
This thread sucks; you guys know there's a bad beat/variance forum now, right?

Seriously, move down, move up, do whatever the [censored] you want. Its your money and your game, why does this board care?

[/ QUOTE ]

Ghaz, I posted this here because there are posters here that I know and respect, and also posters that have read about my game. I didn't post this to complain or to start a thread to complain. I didn't just want people to say "ouch, what variance" then give their their stories about set over set.

I try to keep low content stuff away from this forum but it was really helpful hearing the opinions and experiences of players whom I am familiar with.

Moving down is something a lot of players deal wih at sometime or another and it is helpful to discuss when and how to go about it. I didn't post this just to vent and wanted some meaningful discussion to come out of it, which doesn't really seem to happen in the bad beats forum.

-pokerjoker
Old 12-09-2005, 02:28 PM

I'm really tired of the whole right forum thing. Posts title clearly shows what it is about, and if your not interested you can move on.

Besides, maybe he wants a better perspective then the beats, brags, and variance forum. I've never been there, but I bet its trashy like the zoo was. Maybe he wants honest data from other people at his level.
Old 12-09-2005, 02:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm really tired of the whole right forum thing. Posts title clearly shows what it is about, and if your not interested you can move on.

Besides, maybe he wants a better perspective then the beats, brags, and variance forum. I've never been there, but I bet its trashy like the zoo was. Maybe he wants honest data from other people at his level.

[/ QUOTE ]

im defintely with lehigh here, the bad beats forum is hilarious and has its place, but i dont think this thread is out of line. discussing stuff like this when you are running and playing bad is definitely useful. it is one thing to know "i am running bad, i can do this" but it helps to commiserate with players who play the same game. as long as there arent too many of them and they dont turn into cryfests, they should be allowed.
Old 12-09-2005, 05:03 PM

I'll be the first to say if this sort of thing is what the people want, then by all means, keep it here. This sort of subject matter is not what I come to this forum for and, in my opinion, is off-topic and does not add value.

If people get something out of it, fine. I didn't nor will I be following threads with similar subject matter in the future. It seemed to me that people playing mid-stakes would be familiar with running well and poorly and the idea of moving up or down would not be something that warranted discussion as it is a personal choice that will rely on many factors that do not apply across the board.
Old 12-09-2005, 07:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'll be the first to say if this sort of thing is what the people want, then by all means, keep it here. This sort of subject matter is not what I come to this forum for and, in my opinion, is off-topic and does not add value.

If people get something out of it, fine. I didn't nor will I be following threads with similar subject matter in the future. It seemed to me that people playing mid-stakes would be familiar with running well and poorly and the idea of moving up or down would not be something that warranted discussion as it is a personal choice that will rely on many factors that do not apply across the board.

[/ QUOTE ]

Whole heartily agree, couldn't have said it better myself.