Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-07-2005, 11:09 PM

Default First ever SH post

Hi, I am normally a 15/30 full game player. But after going through a bad run I stopped to analyze my play and found that my blind play and shorthanded play were pretty terrible.

So, I have decided to drop down and play 5/10 6-max until I grind it back the old-fashioned way. Please bear with me if these hands seem standard or boring. But I will probably be posting here for a while.

The only real read is that MP was a clown and BB was kind of weird-passive.

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed)

Preflop: Hero is Button with J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls, MP calls.

Flop: (6.40 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, MP checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, MP calls.

Turn: (4.70 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, MP calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls, MP calls.

River: (10.70 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, MP checks, Hero checks.

Thanks in advance,
tpir
Old 12-07-2005, 11:12 PM

Default Re: First ever SH post

your preflop raise is money. as is your flop bet.

BB being a weird passive player, i do not want to raise this turn. it completes straight draws and we are forced to call a 3-bet with our own oesd. plus we forfeit the chance to raise a bet and call if we river the straight (because they will be more likely to check to us on the river).

so just call the turn. i will not call the river unimproved if bb bets. if bb checks and mp bets, we have an interesting decision to make. if they both check to me, i am probably checking through unimproved but it's close to a value bet imo.
Old 12-07-2005, 11:47 PM

I like it. Obviously with more of a read your turn play changes a lot, but I don't dislike the raise in this spot.
Old 12-07-2005, 11:51 PM

My thinking was that I was unlikely to get 3-bet and I could collect an extra river bet if I hit. And I might still have the best hand!

The problem is I was pretty sure that BB called with overs/gutshot and hit the Q. And I can't call the river if I just call the turn and he bets it. So against his range I might be wasting money. Everyone is not as psycho as I think all of them are.
Old 12-08-2005, 12:00 AM

Looks good.
Old 12-08-2005, 01:16 AM

Golden.

/mc
Old 12-08-2005, 01:57 AM

So know one thinks the turn raise is too much vs. a passive player? I kind of like milesdyson's line better even if I did win this hand since they are not betting the river anyway.
Old 12-08-2005, 02:50 AM

i've only ever played up to 3/6... so maybe i'm wrong here. but when you say he's somewhat passive i just don't see much he leads here that we want to raise against - even with the retard padding the pot.

all i can think of is suited [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T hands