Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-06-2005, 01:00 PM

Default $25 NL 6-max flush draw aggression check (push in these situations?)

Just making sure my thinking is correct in these situations. #1 I'm pretty sure about, but I don't know about #2:

#1: Hero has AQ suited and full 100 BB buyin. Villain has Hero covered barely and has position on Hero. Villain is tight, but not tight enough to put him on absolute premium hands if he raises PF and will likely make a standard continuation bet regardless of flop.

Villain raises to 4xBB from EP. Hero calls in BB with Ad Qd. Flop is 8d 4d 2c. Check-raise all-in, or bet out then push if raised?

#2: Same situation with stacks, Hero has 100 BB, Villain in UTG barely covers Hero. Villain in this case is a bit of a donk, 40/2. Plays top pair like it's gold.

Villain limps, button min-raises, Hero calls in BB with Ad Tc, villain calls.

Flop is Qd Td 8d. Hero bets 1/2 pot, villain min-raises, Button thinks and folds, Hero pushes? I can't put villain on a for-sure flush, he may be making this play with a Q. He could have 2 pair, trips, J9, or a flush, of course. Do I have folding equity making this play against such an opponent?

Do those lines look good, or am I getting a little maniacal?
Old 11-06-2005, 01:05 PM

Default Re: $25 NL 6-max flush draw aggression check (push in these situations?)

[ QUOTE ]
if he raises PF and will likely make a standard continuation bet regardless of flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Check raise sounds good here, especially if you think he will just fold if you lead out. I am not so sure we need to go all in here though.

[ QUOTE ]
Flop is Qd Td 8d. Hero bets 1/2 pot, villain min-raises, Button thinks and folds, Hero pushes? I can't put villain on a for-sure flush, he may be making this play with a Q. He could have 2 pair, trips, J9, or a flush, of course. Do I have folding equity making this play against such an opponent?

[/ QUOTE ]

Sweet christ. Fold fold fold.
Old 11-06-2005, 01:48 PM

Default Re: $25 NL 6-max flush draw aggression check (push in these situations?)

First hand: Check raise all-in if he's aggressive post flop. If not, then lead out and push if you're raised.

Second hand: Call. With the min raise, you have odds to see the next card, and you also have the draw to the nut flush.
Old 11-06-2005, 02:42 PM

Pot is too small in relation to your stack to give you enough fold equity, in both cases. If effective stacks are 50BB this might be ok. Second hand, i think you're clearly better off calling... you're getting great odds just on your nut flush draw.
Old 11-06-2005, 03:30 PM

Default Re: $25 NL 6-max flush draw aggression check (push in these situations

I really dont understand the point of these lines your trying to take. What are you trying to accomplish with them?
First hand he raises EP and you call OOP with AQS. The pot is only 2.5 - rake, so what does pushing accomplish except making him fold. A 3 - 4x riase will do the same thing and not risk your stack trying to get fancy at 25NL. Only think he's going to call you with here is a better hand so dont put all your chips at risk.

The second hand i have no clue what this accomplishes except losing chips and going in the underdog. Theres no point to make this move. If he doesn't have a hand he's folding right here and you pick up a pretty small pot. You call his min-raise with nut-flush draw giving great odds and checking it on the turn will, in my mind, get a bet out of him that becuase he thinks he must continue becuase you showed weakness towards his min-raise this time your getting the money in when your ahead. Pushing against his min-raise is a sure way to lose money in the future.
Old 11-06-2005, 07:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Sweet christ. Fold fold fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

Your folding a pair+NFD to a mini-raise? Seems a bit weak to me...
Old 11-07-2005, 10:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Just making sure my thinking is correct in these situations. #1 I'm pretty sure about, but I don't know about #2:

#1: Hero has AQ suited and full 100 BB buyin. Villain has Hero covered barely and has position on Hero. Villain is tight, but not tight enough to put him on absolute premium hands if he raises PF and will likely make a standard continuation bet regardless of flop.

Villain raises to 4xBB from EP. Hero calls in BB with Ad Qd. Flop is 8d 4d 2c. Check-raise all-in, or bet out then push if raised?

#2: Same situation with stacks, Hero has 100 BB, Villain in UTG barely covers Hero. Villain in this case is a bit of a donk, 40/2. Plays top pair like it's gold.

Villain limps, button min-raises, Hero calls in BB with Ad Tc, villain calls.

Do those lines look good, or am I getting a little maniacal?

[/ QUOTE ]

Somebody's been reading Super System. #1 - All in on flop in small pot where you may be a 2-1 underdog against a tight pf raiser seems like a horrible play. #2 - all in again on a draw? Get all your money in with the best hand, not as an underdog.