Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-07-2005, 03:25 PM

Default Re: TP: I bet, he calls. I bet, he calls. I bet, he .. Raises!?

The flop has 2 BB's in the pot. Our raise give 4:1 for anyone to call. Checking the flop and raising the turn gives 3:1 for anyone to call. If the check raise works, the person is then getting 3:1 on the flop for his troubles AND with a turn raise some doubts must start in the head.

The prolem being micro-limit players are so randomly insane (the more micro the more insane) no single line is right in this case without some read. Last night I used all three methods with success.
Old 08-07-2005, 03:39 PM

1. With no reads it is pretty tough to play this hand. You're heads up after the flop and OOP. Hitting your A on the flop is dangerous because you might be outkicked if villian's got an A too. You could be WA or WB. Consider the hand from the villian's perspective. If the villian raises you on the flop, what do you do with your TP and marginal kicker? If you check and villian bets, would you fold the turn UI? If so, villian played this in a way that extracts the most from you. Was your A outkicked by the villian?
Old 08-07-2005, 05:28 PM

grunching.

1) In my experience, certain fish do this with flopped sets, two pair, and the like. Others do this when the river card helps them out (say, J9). In my experience, it very rarely means a bluff.

How rarely? Meh. I call in big pots, fold in small ones -- which mean it depends on how many others saw the flop or called the flop bet. Is 9:1 good? Dunno. Without a read... I will usually fold with only TPNK, but then call future action (cuz Villian will be more likely to bluff).

2) Against a LAG, call.

Continue betting the river; random opponents will call with crap more often than they'll have a better hand they never raised.
Old 08-08-2005, 11:06 AM

Betting this river for value because many weak, passive players will call you and then not respecting a raise from such a player is kinda strange. I think when a loose, passive player raises you, he doesn't care much about your TPNK and I think you'll win the pot less than once in 9 times (you're getting 1 to 8 for your call on the river).
Moreover you shouldn't bet the river if this might cause you to make an unprofitable call when he raises.

And from my own experience (though I've never played at Party Poker): you are right by saying most ppl will call here with many weak pairs, but nearly all of them will bet with them alike when you check to them. They think you have a weak pair and are scared by the board or they even think they beat you with their Q3, they could suppose you played a draw very aggrissively, most players are not willing to give you a free showdown when they hold a pair of jacks or better.
And they might bluff with some hands they wouldn't have called with (when they have nothing).
From my own experience I'd always c/c here because when my opponent holds a hand he'd call with he'll bet with it about 80% of the time (most of the time you have him beaten here).

Btw.: Most posters (including me) said we should c/c the river against a LAG, does anyone like c/r against a real LAG here?
Old 08-08-2005, 11:13 AM

I`d raise preflop.
River=call.