Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-02-2005, 01:41 PM

Default Excalibur dealer Bubbles

There was a thread here a while back reporting that he had a stroke and may never work again. Well last night i had the pleasure of being there on his first night back after 6 months off from the stroke. Just wanted to report this to the others who brought this up.
Old 05-02-2005, 01:58 PM

Default Re: Excalibur dealer Bubbles

So that WAS Bubbles!
I thought that was who they were talking about but when I saw him last night I figured I was just wrong and was thinking about someone else.
He didn't deal in the game I was in, was he his old normal self?
Old 05-02-2005, 10:15 PM

That's great. Glad to hear it.
Old 05-03-2005, 03:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Well last night i had the pleasure of being there on his first night back after 6 months off from the stroke.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow! That's truly excellent news. Thanks very much for posting this! I'm so happy Bubbles is alright. A lot of people, including myself, were very sad to hear about his health.

Bubbles has one of the best attitudes of any dealer in Vegas, and he is easily among my all-time favorites. I'm really looking forward to another down with him soon.
Old 05-03-2005, 06:02 AM

Robert is dealing again and will be on the 8pm shift. I played at the Excalibur tonight and four or five different dealers made a point of filling me in.

SpaceAce
Old 05-03-2005, 10:19 AM

I just got back from my first Vegas trip and had the pleasure of sitting with Bubbles. He is the man! He can freestyle like none other. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-03-2005, 09:34 PM

Not realated to Bubbles, but I have a question for those that are regulars at the Excalibur. I was there a couple months ago and played quite a bit in that room. There was one player at the 2-6 game that I saw every day. He was a bald older gentleman who wore a hat and headphones and usually had a huge stack of chips in front of him. I talked with him a couple times and he seemed to be quite a nice guy. Anyone know who I am talking about?
Old 05-10-2005, 11:43 AM

For any who are interested, I had a chance to play at Bubbles table and talked to him shortly last Friday night. He seemed in very good spirits and it was fun watching a steady flow of players and Excalibur employees welcoming him back and letting him know they were glad to see him.

I did pass along that there had been messages posted on this board and a lot of concerned people out there in the poker community who were thinking of him. He was very appreciative and very glad to be back and dealing cards!

It was good to see him!
Old 05-11-2005, 10:14 PM

Man, I still remember him from the last time I was there, which had to be 4-5 years ago. Simpley awesome dealer. Glad to hear he's okay.