Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-31-2005, 03:18 PM

Default Building a B&M bankroll in Vegas

Hi all,

I'd like to build a bankroll big enough to play in the wsop circuit thats coming in March to Vegas, and was thinking about what levels i should play at, i've considered playing strictly NL at the excalibur and mandalay bay because they are the softest in town, i hate limit but i'm decent enough to win at it, i just like being able to make people fold. My sole purpose for this is to take my intial investment and pump it up to the $550 nessecary to play in the smallest event at the WSOP circuit minus my intial investment. I'll keep track of my progress here in a little while and i'll be playing 3-4 nights a week depending on work schedule , school work etc. If anyone has any tips or suggestions or strategy as how to build my bankroll more effectively in a B&M room in Vegas let me know, i'd like to stick to those NL games mentioned above.

TIA,
Jason
Old 01-31-2005, 03:19 PM

Default Re: Building a B&M bankroll in Vegas

Wait... $550 (five hundred and fifty dollars) or was this a typo?
Old 01-31-2005, 03:29 PM

thats right i want to play with my winnings from B&M play to play in the tournament not use money of my own.
Old 01-31-2005, 04:13 PM

To play in any of these games you would need more than $550. In the NL forums they typically recommend a 20x buy-in roll, for limit its 300BB. Either way your roll to start would be more than $550, quite a bit more. Of course you could play underrolled, but if you buyin to a NL game with less than $500 your chance of going broke is pretty darn high.

I'm sorry but your post makes me think you probably haven't been playing very long and may not be able to accomplish your goal. Of course most people around here started out underrolled playing low limit games. Just be aware you may go broke instead of hitting your goal. GL
Old 01-31-2005, 04:25 PM

ERG YOU GUYS I NEVER SAID I HAD $ 550 TO START WITH , I SAID THE EVENT I WANT TO ENTER IS A $550 EVENT THAT IS ALL I NEVER ONCE MENTIONED ANYTHING ABOUT WHAT MY BANKROLL WAS TO START WITH, ANYWAYS I WAS JUST STATING THAT'D I'D LIKE TO MAKE $550 PLAYING THESE GAMES TO BUYIN TO THE EVENT , AND ENTER IT WITH PURE PROFIT NOTHING ABOUT STARTING WITH 550 LOL, FORGET IT! I'LL JUST LET U GUYS KNOW HOW IT GOES WHEN I START CYA
Old 01-31-2005, 04:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
ERG YOU GUYS I NEVER SAID I HAD $ 550 TO START WITH , I SAID THE EVENT I WANT TO ENTER IS A $550 EVENT THAT IS ALL I NEVER ONCE MENTIONED ANYTHING ABOUT WHAT MY BANKROLL WAS TO START WITH, ANYWAYS I WAS JUST STATING THAT'D I'D LIKE TO MAKE $550 PLAYING THESE GAMES TO BUYIN TO THE EVENT , AND ENTER IT WITH PURE PROFIT NOTHING ABOUT STARTING WITH 550 LOL, FORGET IT! I'LL JUST LET U GUYS KNOW HOW IT GOES WHEN I START CYA

[/ QUOTE ]

kill yourself you [censored] tool if youre going to have that attitude.

realize that youre basically asking "how can i make crazy amounts of money playing poker with almost nothing for a bankroll".....the answer is obviously to win. a lot.
Old 01-31-2005, 04:39 PM

I was just confused because I thought you'd need more than $550 to play in a circuit. I'll confess I don't know exactly what all the circuit is, but I assume it's more than one tournament and I thought it'd be for more than $550. Maybe more than that, I didn't think it was that big of a deal to try to win $550. You can make more than that in a good day at the 3/6 tables.
Old 01-31-2005, 04:48 PM

My aren't you a vicious little kitten. Can you come over and beat up my roommate's cat? To be fair he never did mention the size of his bankroll.
Old 01-31-2005, 06:59 PM

I beleive he is referring to satellites...
Old 01-31-2005, 11:59 PM

Great response... seriously I love it.