Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-01-2005, 12:21 PM

Default When to fold the overpairs?

I was looking through my database at my biggest losing/winning hands...
A very large % of the losing hands are quite simply hands I cannot and probably will not ever be able to get away from. Set v set, all in preflop with AA/KK, etc. About 1/3 of my top losing hands are overpairs on uncoordinated boards where my opponent hit a set.

My problem is that I cant really find a place to fold. On my top winning hands list, I've got just as many hands where the opponent played exactly the same way as the people with a set or ragged 2p or whatever, but I was way ahead and stacked them. It seems like in this situation, it is often someone trying to slow play QQ or JJ by just calling (exactly the way someone would try to play a low pair trying to make a set), and then wake up on the flop or turn after "slowplaying" their JJ vs my AA on a ragged board.

How do you all deal? Do you just have to go with your gut every time you run into a raise when you're carrying AA on that J72 board?

Any tips appreciated.

Thx [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]