Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-09-2005, 06:04 AM

Default Re: TPTK heavily reraised

Basically you're concerned with not losing your stack and getting the maximum value out of inferior hands. So, again, the play is make a small value bet and fold if he raises you... it gets maximum value out of a weaker queen and if he raises, you can fold with confidence as he surely has you beaten.
Old 11-09-2005, 06:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
better/weaker queen.

[/ QUOTE ]
Make that a weaker queen... I need to do a better job proof reading my posts...
Old 11-09-2005, 07:51 AM

pretty clear fold....i'd consider folding to the original raise...i'd definitely fold to the 4bet.
Old 11-09-2005, 11:42 AM

This is $10NL. Villain can have a wide range of hands here. I doubt he has QQ-AA because he only smooth called pre-flop. So that leaves AQ, KQ, QJ, 88, 55. You crush 3 of these, three of these have you crushed. Basically, you are way ahead or way behind, which means you should call down so that you lose the minimum to better hands and win the maximum to worse hands. The * to this is if he'll call his whole stack off with KQ or QJ, then push it in.

I don't mind the 3-bet on the flop but that means you gotta lay it down to a raise, which is something you might not want to do with TPTK. Likewise if he smooth calls you slow down heavly. As it is now, just fold and go on to the next one. If he's a maniac, you'll get much better chances to get your money in.

If you do call his flop raise instead of 3-bet, DO NOT lead the turn. He's going to raise you, and you'll have to fold.