Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-06-2005, 09:47 PM

Default Re: AQs - count your outs?

[ QUOTE ]
With any two cards, you're not at least 40% to win.

[/ QUOTE ]

My point is that you are misusing the pot odds concept. You make it sound like a win-win since you have pot odds to call after you raise and he pushes. Since you are not folding after the $60 raise, you need to consider the entire play as one big $123 raise. Now, what kind of pot odds do you need to put $123 into a $256 pot and make money? How often does your opponent have to fold to make up for this loss?
Old 11-07-2005, 03:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I make it 25-30 on the flop and call if he pushes.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-07-2005, 03:58 PM

Considering the amount of times a typical $50NL villain will call off his stack with a pair of jacks or KK, I'd say you'd make money off this in the long term by getting all the money in the middle here. Sure, sometimes they'll have AJ and you're only 40%, sometimes they may have hit a set of jacks and you're in trouble, but that's offset by the donks who will call off their stack with XcYc. Let's not forget that by betting large, you're getting fold equity.

Getting it all-in on this flop holding AcQc on a low flop with two clubs when villain open raised is +EV.
Old 11-07-2005, 06:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Min raise for information? That'd donkish. A min raise doesn't tell you anything.

[/ QUOTE ]

$10 in the pot, villain bets $7. How is making it $20 a min raise? I can see the arguement for $25 instead, but $60 is rediculous. It folds absolutely noone that wouldn't fold to $25. You know who those people are, the ones that aren't folding? People who's hand range is ahead of you. Why are you trying so hard to get all your money in against better hands? If people at $50 NL aren't getting away from good hands, why not see a relatively cheap turn and possibly free river before commiting your stack to a draw in a small pot?