Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 11-04-2005, 01:48 PM

Default Re: Matusow

[ QUOTE ]
Matusow is good for the game and is a great poker. Man I am so tired of this "nice guy" syndrome that we've got in america. Judge the guy on his talent, not his personality. No wonder corporate america sucks, we're not in high school anymore people.

Indy

[/ QUOTE ]

WTF kind of comment is this? You equate maturity with a degradation in civility.

You can be a whoremongering drug dealing degenerate gambler for all I care. But at least be civil at the table. Mike is an above average poker player and a below average human.

You fault people for judging his personality after telling us he is good for the game. is he good for the game because of his play or because people like you need to be entertained by obnoxious behavior? Can't have it both ways.
Old 11-04-2005, 01:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If he's a douche, then let me ask you this. Who would you rather party with at da club? Raymer or Matusow?

Indy

[/ QUOTE ]

Raymer. I make a point to avoid associating with drug dealers (and please don't start whining about how he was framed).
Old 11-04-2005, 04:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yes stay alive and helpful, thus avoid Taco Hell like the plague

[/ QUOTE ]

I've had the same thought. At least do El Pollo Loco or something.

I really like Greg from what I've seen of him and hope he slows down on soda pop (taxing his insulin receptors), and crappy food high in trans fat (which is HORRIBLE for your heart--12 x worse than saturated fat as a percentage of your diet), saturated fat, processed foods (higher in preservatives, lower in nutritional content including fiber), and low quality meat (much more likely to have the rCVD prion, a.k.a. the agent causing mad cow).

I seriously considered saying something myself, but who the hell am I to Greg? It's not my place to do so. Greg probably knows most of these things anyway.

I'm perfectly happy to echo your concerns, however.

There are serious health consequences to eating some inexpensive food. It's not always a better value. Medical care is anything but cheap.
Old 11-05-2005, 06:55 AM

i would have to agree completely. i am a mature person contrary to what a lot of you will think. when madusow turns the the 23 yr old after learning he lost a $700000 pot and states: you really do suck! i almost fell out of my chair. it was the funniest thing. then he goes on to say " O not me buddy i dont have an ego. im not like phil helmuth who actually goes around believing it." the man is entertaining to watch. go to raymers sight, its humorous to see what he says about mike. he still dislikes him.
Old 11-06-2005, 02:54 PM

Ah, but the taco bell diet is actually not too bad for you - based upon the fact that nothing you eat there stays in your system long enough to be absorbed. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
Old 11-06-2005, 05:52 PM

Can't everybody just go back annd read last year's threads about Matusow? I said it last year, I'll say it again: Matusow is mild compared to what I deal with most every time I play live poker and only internet poker nerds and newbies think he is that extreme.
Old 11-06-2005, 06:44 PM

I got at least half a dozen suspensions out of this thread.
Closed Thread