Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-05-2005, 05:37 PM

Default Re: Switching to SNG\'s, need adjustment advice

I think party and stars are the best because of the high volume of players, and high volume=more fish.
Old 10-05-2005, 05:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]

3.) Any word on the quality of games/pros and cons at Pokerstars, Full Tilt, Party, UB, Bodog, etc.?

[/ QUOTE ]

Just play at Party. For the reasons in the FAQ (fishy) and $/hr. I've been fooling around with Stars recently and you can play more postflop. It's fun, but you can't multitable as easily, there's no R-word, and once you get to the $55s you get 1000 starting chips anyway at Party. Good luck wherever you go.

And for the buyins, if you're comfortable reloading if it comes down to it, 20 buyins should get you off to a good start. I like 30-100 before I move up (the higher the buyin, the more buyins I need for myself), but 100 is notably conservative.
Old 10-05-2005, 05:48 PM

After a long downswing at limit 1/2 I tried 11 SNGs on Stars a few weeks ago and had such a high ROI that I thought I had found the mythical poker ATM. It came crashing down but it still looks like I'll be able to do well enough at it, especially if I ever learn how to play NL SNGs.

I switched to Empire for the fringe benefits. The shorter stacks are a bit unnerving, but I think I can get used to it. It looks like the games go faster, even with one more player, which should result in a higher hourly rate.