Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-04-2005, 03:36 AM

Default Forget morality, if you must

[ QUOTE ]
The only way to deal effectively with Islamists is to KILL every single one of them.

[/ QUOTE ]
You cannot do that. In a technically efficient manner, I mean. So onwards to Plan B.

[ QUOTE ]
Take over every single oil field in the world controlled by an Islamic state.

[/ QUOTE ]
You cannot do that, either. In a technically efficient manner, I mean. Onwards to Plan C.

[ QUOTE ]
An archetype for Plan C

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-04-2005, 12:47 PM

Default Re: Forget morality, if you must

So, you would support plan A or B if there were a technically efficient manner to execute them?

As for plan C; I assume you are talking about the parts of the peice which explain how you must expose the destructivness of the ideaology... i.e. educate the populations..... You cannot do that, in a technically efficient manner, I mean.
Old 10-04-2005, 08:30 PM

Default Foregone

[ QUOTE ]
So, you would support plan A or B if there were a technically efficient manner to execute them?

[/ QUOTE ]
Heard the story about the sergeant running up to his officer to report why the soldiers have stopped firing at the range? He said, "There are seven reasons. The first one is they run out of ammo."

[ QUOTE ]
Plan C - expose the destructiveness of the ideology... i.e. educate the populations... You cannot do that, in a technically efficient manner, I mean.

[/ QUOTE ]
It is not only technically possible (and in a relatively efficient manner as well), it seems like the only sensible play left.

By the way, it is not simple "educating the populations". You have not read it thoroughly or you have not understood it. The man says, for starters, that WE must understand what we are up against; we must go beyond the anti-muslim propaganda. We must learn about the enemy.

We don't know - and we don't wanna learn (e.g. MMMMMM).
Old 10-05-2005, 01:14 PM

Default Re: Foregone

Sorry Cyrus,
I don't mean to argue here, but we have a hard enough time providing education to our own children. How are we going to educate children on the other side of the world immersed in a culture where their religious leaders tell them to kill Americans so they can go to paradise and spend eternity with 72 virgins?

I did read the whole article and the part about understanding our enemy. My retort is that we are a couple of thousand years ahead of them in our cultural thinking. The best we could hope for is to find hole in their ideaology to use their own rhetoric against them. Chances are it would be ignored. Ideaologically speaking, I don't believe there is any way to win them over.

A propaganda campaign inside countries who supply us with oil, and are closed off to us, and who censor and control the flow of information inside their own borders would be incredibly difficult, to say the least.

This leaves nuclear weapons.

X
Old 10-04-2005, 01:41 PM

Default Re: Understanding Sharia

i think your statements in this thread contradict your ideas on freedom to an incredible degree.

If you want to be free to make choices, you have to let other people be free to make choices, if life liberty and happiness mean to you a happy afterlife, then people must be free to pursue that as well, by your logic.
Old 10-04-2005, 03:04 PM

I see no such contradiction, honestly.

There is a distinct line to be crossed in defending my own freedom from those who would take it from me vs. being tolerant of others seeking their own freedoms in whatever manner they see fit. I recognize the right of no one to exercise their freedom by taking mine.

Statements made in this thread are simplified and put forward with the pure notion of what would be necessary to actually "win" the war against Islamofascism.

BTW, I am thinking very hard about your posting in my other thread and I am trying to formulate an adequate reply.
Old 10-04-2005, 05:36 PM

that's all i can really ask for, i'll continue in that thread.
Old 10-06-2005, 01:00 PM

>>Makes a very strong case to my assertion that the only way to deal effectively with Islamists is to KILL every single one of them.<<

I am a liberal. A proud liberal. And it saddens me to say that I agree with this statement 100%.

Radical islam is the biggest genuine threat to liberal values in the world today - and civilized values as well. And it seems that many in the West are drastically and fatally underestimating how pervasive these values are throughout the islamic world, and the rapididy and extent to which these radical islamic ideas are gaining traction.

Historically, when confronted with evil, the only effective way to fight this evil is to reach deep into our collective Shadow, and mirror the evil of the enemy in order to defeat him (e.g. the massive firebombings of Dresden and Tokyo, and the nuclear vaporizing of two Japanese cities by allied forces in WWII).

Fighting radical Islam will be long, bloody, vicious, and brutal. Many, perhaps many millions will die, and many more will suffer greatly. But if we don't fight with everything we have - brutally, relentlessly, and viciously, the result will be much worse in terms of human suffering.

No retreat. No compromise. No surrender.

Victory or death.
Old 10-06-2005, 01:05 PM

Thank you.

You realize now you will be compared to Hitler by your liberal peers don't you? Still, I applaud the clarity of your vision and your courage in voicing you views.

Here Here.

X
Old 10-06-2005, 01:11 PM

Thanks sub.

They'll probably make fun of the bit of hyperbole I added at the end of my post, but I was merely emphasizing, clearly, that this is literally an existential, life or death struggle between the repressive and repugnant values of radical islam vs. the values and civilization of the West.

Only one side is going to get away from this struggle intact - and it had better be us.