Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-05-2005, 04:52 PM

Default 1st WSOP \"Rant\"....

I just finished watching last nights 1st episode, the Limit match, thanks to dvr [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] (I actually have all the episodes aired to date but that's not the point).

As I was watching, I noticed the coverage, or better yet, the lack thereof, of the chip leader, Kwon. They kept jabbing about him getting involved but he went from 1st to still 1st at the 30 min, albeit it by a smaller gap. Then at the 42 minute minute mark, just before Annie busts, he's all of a sudden 3rd and when we finally DO see him play a hand, he's only got 40k left.

STANGELY ODD coverage but nothing new I guess!

Also....if I hear Lon say, one more time, "He can only lose if he folds" when the player's holding the ABSOLUTE STONE COLD NUTS and there's NO WAY in the WORLD he's folding...I'm gonna kick a squirrel... [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

That is all...

ps, I also thought Gabe's jab at "Schme" with his comment, "ever play 20k/40k before?" was classic jousting [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-05-2005, 04:58 PM

Default Re: 1st WSOP \"Rant\"....

They must have edited last night's first episode on the run since it started 15 minutes late due to the baseball game running long, yet finished on time. As I was watching, I noticed that they didnt show Joe Sebok get eliminated and some of the chip stacks jumped around like you mentioned, so I'm sure that 15 minutes of the show was cut out.
Old 10-05-2005, 05:02 PM

Yeah, I caught the late start time and recorded it at 1am thankfully [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-05-2005, 05:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]

ps, I also thought Gabe's jab at "Schme" with his comment, "ever play 20k/40k before?" was classic jousting [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think he was making a jab at him. He just made a joke as the blinds went up to 20k/40k. I'm sure Gabe never played 20k/40k either.