Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-12-2005, 10:41 AM

Default Ty Law

Last night I saw his interview/segment on Sportscenter about how he is still looking for a team to play for. There seems to be no clues as to where he is going to end up but I think this is one of those things that will come back to haunt alot of teams for not at least trying to sign him. If he is healthy is would start for any team in the league but I know that is a big if.

So anybody got any ideas which team he is going to sign with. I can pretty much rule out my team, the Texans because they have two young corners they like alot, but I am guessing the Texans fall in the who cares category.
Old 07-12-2005, 12:10 PM

Default Re: Ty Law

[ QUOTE ]
I am guessing the Texans fall in the who cares category.

[/ QUOTE ]

As does Ty Law.
Old 07-12-2005, 12:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

As does Ty Law.

[/ QUOTE ]

He is one of the top three corners in the league when he is healthy. A position that is extremely important.
Old 07-12-2005, 12:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

As does Ty Law.

[/ QUOTE ]

He is one of the top three corners in the league when he is healthy. A position that is extremely important.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. It's just that the average Sports Joe doesn't care about about injured, free agent cornerbacks in the middle of the baseball season.
Old 07-12-2005, 12:37 PM

Probably true but there is no problem with a little variety on the board.
Old 07-12-2005, 01:48 PM

I'm a little sick of seeing Ty Law on ESPN once a week bemoaning his lack of employment. He's been on every week for the past four weeks. Maybe his agent should try to get him "interviews" with NFL teams as opposed to ESPN.
Old 07-13-2005, 02:05 AM

Dear New York Giants: Sign him. Sure he plays the one position where we were talented last year, but knowing our luck...
Old 07-14-2005, 01:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No, and no. Champ Bailey, Charles Woodson, Chris McAlister. Samari Rolle, Ronde Barber, etc.

As for the importance of the position: see Chad Johnson v. Champ Bailey, 2004, or 2004-2005 Patriots. Shutdown corners no longer exist; the 'point of emphasis' reinforced last season has made the cornerback a relatively minor position.
Old 07-14-2005, 09:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No, and no. Champ Bailey, Charles Woodson, Chris McAlister. Samari Rolle, Ronde Barber, etc.

As for the importance of the position: see Chad Johnson v. Champ Bailey, 2004, or 2004-2005 Patriots. Shutdown corners no longer exist; the 'point of emphasis' reinforced last season has made the cornerback a relatively minor position.

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] Yes and yes. Did you also see Jerry Porter v. Champ Bailey? That's 2 games the overrated CB cost his team last year. Outside of maybe McAllister, Law is better than all of those guys.
I think every coach/GM would disagree that it's a "minor position".
Old 07-14-2005, 10:36 AM

Minor? A shut-down corner can change the the whole game. Sure there will be games that the X reciever can beat any Y corner but most of the time that isn't the case.

After watching what Law has done in past Super Bowls an other big games and I have to put him in the top 3.

So are you saying that no he couldn't be a great pick up for any team in the league right now, if he is healthy?