Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-28-2005, 12:06 PM

Default Re: Were NO blacks being ungrateful?.no

What cultural group were you referring to in your LaKeisha post?
Old 09-28-2005, 02:50 PM

Default Re: Were NO blacks being ungrateful?

Thats the thing - my tax dollars pay for these gov't programs. So its like I'm giving them a handout. I doubt most of those people pay taxes at all. I think its shows lack of respect for them to complain.
Old 09-28-2005, 05:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
That’s the thing - my tax dollars pay for these gov't programs. So it’s like I'm giving them a handout. I doubt most of those people pay taxes at all. I think its shows lack of respect for them to complain.

[/ QUOTE ]

Right or wrong... the complaints need to be in the form of voting.

My opinion is that anyone that hasn't voted should have absolutely no opinion on the issue. Furthermore, maybe this disaster will open the eyes of Americans.

Americans need to understand that they can't rant & rave all they want about Bush or Clinton or whomever is President... but, the elections that matter are the local elections.

Look at the Mayor of NY vs. Mayor of NO... which one would you rather have in coordinating efforts with the federal government to help your community?

This isn't really a partisan issue, but people really need to learn about local politics.

If NO had stronger politicians... they probably could have secured Federal funding sometime in the last 30 years to secure levy repair funds. Unfortunately, NO has a disproportionate amount of dirty career politicians that just wanted to live off the fat of the land.
Old 09-28-2005, 05:11 PM

Default Re: Were NO blacks being ungrateful?.no

[ QUOTE ]
[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] haven't you learned anything yet..????

black people deserve back payment from their wrongfull enslavement and racial persecution after emanipation..

don't youknow: black people are:

ENTITLED

to everything they can rip off, because they have been so unjustly treated...

where have you been..

get a life..!!!

punishment for you:

20 hours of listening to jesse jackson speeches;

that oughta educate ya...

ha

jmho

gl

[img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

You are an absolute joke and an embarrassment.
Old 09-28-2005, 05:47 PM

The government has an obligation to its citizens, and if people feel that the gov has not been fufilling that obligation, then they have every right not to feel grateful. i don't know enough to comment about this specific case.
Old 09-28-2005, 08:12 PM

When watching the news coming out of New Orleans at the start of this month, it's unpleasant to imagine yourself abandoned at the Convention Center, without food, water, or toilets, in the September heat and humidity.

If you can find a reason why those who were trapped deserved what they got, well, that's one way of telling yourself it could never happen to you.

Also, maybe some radio listeners don't know how to deal with things that make them feel uneasy, uncomfortable, and a little helpless except through misguided anger.

In any event, I think some radio hosts specialize in expressing oversimplified "common sense" notions that appeal to listeners' assumptions, biases, and prejudices. I also think such hosts are good at reassuring listeners that there's no need for them to put themselves in others' shoes or consider perspectives outside the host's and listeners' own narrow views.