Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-04-2005, 05:43 PM

Default Easy Call or Easy Fold?

Local 120 person, dog track card room mtt ($45), top 9 paid, 25 players left, blinds go up every 20 minutes.

We're at the very end of 300/600 and will break, color up then move to 500/1000. I'm in the BB with T2800 after posting. Table folds to SB who asks how much I have left, then completes after I tell him.

No real read...last orbit, same situation, he limped and I pushed taking down the pot - he knows I did it with A3, he's also seen me put the BB all-in blind when the table folded to me, I had the BB slightly covered. I didn't think I could push against him again pre-flop...

I check with Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] and watch him as the flop comes down:

3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

I don't catch any strong signals but he leads out betting T1500. He has about T2000 behind.

Easy push, or easy fold? Thanks!
Old 09-04-2005, 05:45 PM

Default Re: Easy Call or Easy Fold?

[ QUOTE ]
Easy push

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 09-04-2005, 09:34 PM

Push.

I push preflop too.
Old 09-05-2005, 10:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Push.

I push preflop too.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks! And I did think about that, but considering what he'd seen me do previously I didn't think I could get away with, but even getting called in this spot wouldn't have been too bad as long as he doesn't hold a pocket pair or 2 overs, which he'd most likely raise with....something else to think about next time!
Old 09-05-2005, 10:30 AM

He limped, which implied he had a below average hand. The money was so shallow he should push with anything. I almost always push when people open complete. A lot of times passive players will show me A8 or something. However, he figures to have a below average hand and you have an average hand, so you are probably ahead. Plus there is some possibility he will fold to the push.