Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-07-2005, 01:25 AM

Default AA Line and thanks you guys!

I just want to say I have been a long time lurker and it's time to get analysis from you guys. Just by checking out this website I have learned so much, but I have limited myself by being a lazya$$ and not bothering posting hands. I have a good group of poker friends that have alot of experience playing the same limit but I feel they play a bit too passive for my liking and different lines of advice I think are needed. Thanks again for all the helpful info in all the forums. Now onto the hand.

Villian had been pretty aggressive post-flop, taking down pots and showing complete bluffs on occassion. He and I have butted heads a couple times at another table but neither one of us has gotten in a big conforntation with another. To him, I would also be a LAG that is probably taking some of his table control away. His stats 34/9

I'm having some trouble with the converter. I think I know what I'm doing but it's not giving me stacks sizes or what action I'm doing.

*** Hand History for Game 3156880463 *****
$1000 NL Texas Hold'em - Tuesday, December 06, 21:07:21 EDT 2005
Table Table 64946 (6 max) (No DP) (Real Money)
Seat 3 is the button
Total number of players : 6
Seat 1: Snake__1111 ( $861.50 )
Seat 2: Grinder4200 ( $827 )
Seat 5: sandbag ( $1668.75 )
Seat 6: Villian ( $1154 )
Seat 3: Hero( $975 )
Seat 4: wpFinalTable ( $1107 )
wpFinalTable posts small blind [$5].
sandbag posts big blind [$10].
** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to Hero [ Ac Ah ]
Villian calls [$10].
Snake__1111 folds.
Grinder4200 folds.
Hero raises [$40].
wpFinalTable folds.
sandbag folds.
Villian calls [$30].
** Dealing Flop ** [ Qc, 5s, 9h ]
Villian checks.
Hero bets [$60].
Villian calls [$60].
** Dealing Turn ** [ 9c ]
Villian checks.
Hero bets [$125].
Villian raises [$311].
Hero ?
Old 12-07-2005, 01:37 AM

Default Re: AA Line and thanks you guys!

fold..check that turn next time
Old 12-07-2005, 02:38 AM

what do you put villian on for wanting to fold this one?

why not push?
Old 12-07-2005, 03:59 AM

I call here and on most rivers and expect to win a large percentage of the time against this type of opponent. Seems like pushing will only get better hands to call, but he could easily be making this move with just a Queen, though obviously a set is a consideration. I would have checked the turn as well.
Old 12-07-2005, 05:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
fold..check that turn next time

[/ QUOTE ]

I would not bet that turn if I wasn't ready to play a big pot witht his hand. Against this villain it just might be right.
Old 12-07-2005, 05:48 AM

a set is impossible here

trips or a full

btw he plays a Q this passively on the flop? huh?
Old 12-07-2005, 10:27 AM

just a little more background info for now and I'll post the results tonight. I have been raising on the button frenqently and leading out on the flop about 75% of the time while taking it down about 1/2 of those times. He would definitely make a checkraise w/ a queen or even 10J on the flop or turn. Most of the times, its on the flop but several hands have made it to the turn.
Old 12-07-2005, 10:38 AM

villian could have sensed weakness with the half pot bet post flop and decided to take the pot on the turn with something that could represent trips or higher.

Most likely he has trips or maybe even KK. I would fold.

Just read your second post. It's possible that he is playing the Q. It would come together with that small post flop bet, but why wouldn't he raise your post flop bet?

Here's the thing. I never slowplay AA. If someone calls my medium size bet preflop I pound them with a large bet postflop(depending on the flop). Yes I take less money but I don't take any bad beats either.
Old 12-07-2005, 12:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Seat 5: sandbag ( $1668.75 )

[/ QUOTE ]

I [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] sandbag. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] One of my fav's.

On the flop, I would probably pot-it, instead of the 3/4-pot as you did, but I don't think it makes too big of a difference.

I would seriously consider checking behind on this turn, as there is a good chance of a WA/WB scenario. Although with JT making the open-ender - betting is good too. How does he play TP on the flop? Draws? Sets? This info would be very helpful.

I would have near-potted it though, instead of the 1/2-ish pot bet you made. Your bet invites a bluff - which isnt necessarily a bad thing if you have a history with this guy and he is likely to put a move on you.

As played, I call turn, and call river, or bet if checked to.
Old 12-07-2005, 01:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I call here and on most rivers and expect to win a large percentage of the time against this type of opponent. Seems like pushing will only get better hands to call, but he could easily be making this move with just a Queen, though obviously a set is a consideration. I would have checked the turn as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

Villians play can very well be the play of TJ of clubs, or he got a club redraw as a semi bluff. Or just plan air by representing a trips(i highly doubt the trips).

only plausible set i see here is the 5's. don't see quads pushing u that hard. QQ...unlikely.

now there is like around 650 in the pot already, and hero didn't had less than 100BB to start out with, a push is really not a overbet, its to price it wrong for the TJc or club draws.

Also notice that there is 650 b4 he calls, if he calls there will be 856 in the pot, with hero left with approx 560ish left....he is somewhat committed no? so just get hte money in on the turn.