Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits

Old 12-28-2005, 07:21 PM

Default Short Handed Nano Hand

Doing a 15BB challenge but this table died soon after I showed up and hasn't regained its steam since. Villain is relatively new (4 hands), but at least he bought in with more than 10BB [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Blind is a calling station and is likely padding the pot.

PokerStars 0.05/0.10 Hold'em (4 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is Button with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (9.40 SB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, BB calls, UTG calls.

Turn: (10.70 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG 3-bets</font>, Hero calls, BB calls.

River: (19.70 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Hero calls, BB calls.

Final Pot: 22.70 BB

I take it the 3-bet w/ AQo won't offend anyone given that we're so short handed. At what point do we slow down and start thinking about him having an overpair or quads? Do we consider the calling station's donations enough to keep pumping it in case of a split?
Old 12-28-2005, 07:26 PM

Default Re: Short Handed Nano Hand

you overplayed this. after you cap the flop and he leads the turn, do you ever think you have the best hand with JJJQQ? he has to be at least splitting with you.

i typically will call down from the flop 3-bet.
Old 12-28-2005, 07:29 PM

i think the flop-3-bet *could* be a continuation bluff, but like less than 10% of the time. and with leading on the turn you gotta slow down.
Old 12-28-2005, 08:36 PM

at that limit hard to tell if those people have the nuts or are nuts. wow that was a weak joke. i think i play it the same way you did. there are not too many hands that beat you and i think slowing down when you did is good. Did he have something like 77?

BBB
Old 12-28-2005, 09:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
he has to be at least splitting with you.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well to be fair, a split means a win with the third guy calling down.

Doesn't matter though; villain had quads.
Old 12-28-2005, 09:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
he has to be at least splitting with you.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well to be fair, a split means a win with the third guy calling down.

[/ QUOTE ]
yeah if he calls down. your turn raise faced him with two bets cold. this time he did call, though. this is like the perfect time to go for overcalls.
Old 12-28-2005, 09:24 PM

Yeah you plyed this one a little too fast IMO. Just because it's shorthanded does not mean you should go nuts. I just call down after the bet on the turn, and maybe after the 3 bet on the flop. UTG's overlay does not make up for extra spewage here.
Old 12-28-2005, 09:37 PM

Here's another similar hand that just popped up.

SB is a typical calling station for these limits--27/0/1.10 or so, and nothing special.

MP1 is a [censored] moron. 91/8/1.04 after 100 or so hands, he's capped flops with ten high and called river bets with the second nut low. Yet somehow, he's made money at the table. This is why variance is your friend: sometimes it bites you in the ass, but it also keeps the worst players playing.

PokerStars 0.05/0.10 Hold'em (8 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is CO with 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls, Button calls, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (5 SB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB folds, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, Button folds, <font color="#CC3333">SB caps</font>, MP1 calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (8.50 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 caps</font>, Hero calls, SB calls.

River: (20.50 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, SB calls, MP1 calls.

Final Pot: 32.50 BB

Comments appreciated, especially preflop--65s needs help from implied odds to profit, but with a loose nano table you think we can get away with this?

I think the flop 3-bet was okay given that MP2's raise could mean he has 9 high or whatever, but when SB caps it's likely he has a six, and I'm not ahead of most of those. I'm probably splitting with one of 'em on the river though, provided he hasn't got 6T [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-29-2005, 12:28 AM

65s, in the CO, isn't that bad in a loose game like this. SSHE goes as low as 53s.

Not everybody here can have a six. I hope that you didn't get showed pocket Ts or 3s from one of them. NH