Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium-Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em

Old 12-26-2005, 10:58 PM

Default Re: PP NL $400 Hand - AA in BB

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I was being sarcastic...

[/ QUOTE ]
31/14 is *getting* towards LAG though. Granted he's not a 50/20 or higher, but you don't run into that many 50/20 players or higher online that are good. There are some, but not many.

You were being sarcastic only because his range of hands were 77/88 once in a while, AK and any pocket pair 99+, but that is simply because of the size of his raise and his position. If he made the same raise 2 seats closer to the button, his range of hands would be much larger. If he raised 3.5 x BB in this same seat, that also would be an indication that he could have a much wider range of hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

But you said he could have a large range of hands in this particular situation.
Old 12-26-2005, 10:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think the point was that AK, 99+ is not a "large range of hands".

[/ QUOTE ]
If you group a person's raising standards simply by saying "These are the hands they will raise", then that is an INCREDIBLY tight range of hands. If you instead say "What range of holdings will make up 90% of this man's hands when he makes a 4.5 x BB raise from MP with a limper in front of him", then that range is not so tight.

Of course AK and 99+ with 77/88 mixed in now and then don't make up 100% of his holdings in this scenario, but that is pretty much what you can put him on here and probably make up at least 90% of the holdings he could have. Against a good player, you can rarely say "This is what he has 100% of the time here".

But back to my question, as we seem to be getting hung up on things that have absolutely nothing to do with my question: Thoughts on whether or not this is a spot to trap maybe 33% of the time or not?
Old 12-26-2005, 11:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
But you said he could have a large range of hands in this particular situation.

[/ QUOTE ]
A lot of players I play against I can put on even a tighter range of hands in this particular scenario, which is why I said that.

If you don't like me referring to that as a large range of hands for this particular scenario, given his position, given an EP limper, given the size of his raise, then let's say he has a "typical" range of hands, rather than a "large" range of hands. I'm fine with stating the question that way too. Forgive me if I mis-spoke, I was simply wondering if anyone could actually give me some feedback on my actual question regarding whether or not this was a good place to trap once in a while.

I was thinking perhaps 33%, but I'd like other opinions.