Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-19-2005, 01:02 PM

Default KJ tough flop, many players

Preflop: Hero is CO with K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls,3 folds, MP3 calls, Hero calls, BTN calls, SB calls, BB checks.

Flop: (7 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] - 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] - K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (7 players)
5 checks, Hero bets, BTN calls, SB calls, BB calls, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls all-in, MP3 calls.

Turn: (6.5 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (6 players)
SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, MP3 bets, Hero calls, 2 folds, SB calls.

- a fairly dangerous turn with 6 players left. I was thinking about a raise but I called and had folded if someone after me raised it.

River: (9.5 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (3 players)
SB checks, MP3 bets, Hero calls, SB raises, MP3 calls, Hero folds.

- have to call here if I called the turn. But the ch-raise made it clear that I was doomed.

Final Pot: 13.5 BB

I think I should have folded on the turn. The players on my right bet and many players after me to act. But your thoughts will be interesting to read.

This is selfmade because it is from B2B.

Hands:
<font color="white">
SB Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] - T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
MP3 T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] - 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] </font>
Old 07-19-2005, 01:08 PM

Default Re: KJ tough flop, many players

What to do on the turn depends on your read on MP3. If he has been known to bluff or is very aggressive and loose, I would raise here to try to get heads up. If someone raised behind me I would fold. If not I would consider folding here. With 6 players seeing the turn someone is bound to have a T.
Old 07-19-2005, 01:11 PM

I had no read on MP3 unfortunately.
Also remember I has a draw to a straight.
Not a strong one but anyway. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 07-19-2005, 01:13 PM

Preflop and flop fine (the comment is a little confusing - you bet).

I think the turn is interesting. You may have the best hand but you can't fold to a 3-bet because of your gutshot/fh outs, so calling isn't a bad option.

Nevertheless, I would raise for a few reasons. The bettor is to your right, so a raise faces the field with 2BB cold. If someone else is drawing it cuts their odds way down - a gutshot will have odds to draw if you just call (particularly considering implied odds and the possibility of more limpers). You'd love to get rid of a few players. If you are 3-bet you can easily call and consider check/folding the river unimproved.
Old 07-19-2005, 01:15 PM

I was thinking about a raise but I called and had folded if someone after me raised it.

This is kinda weak thinking. You've got 2 outs for a FH, which beats any str8 or flush, and you have 3 outs to a str8 that would surely hold up (no reason to suspect AJ). If it's raised and come back to you for one more, you're getting even better odds than the first time around to call and try to improve.

River is close between folding and calling. A read on MP3 or SB would help tremendously (for example, if you've seen MP3 donkbet before when improving his hand, you can probably fold. If you have seen SB checkraise river before, be more inclined to fold. If you've seen them both make really strange plays and call with weak hands on the river, call.)

Also, wait with posting results until you've gotten some replies, so that the answers will be unbiased.
Old 07-19-2005, 01:16 PM

Did you bet or did you call on the flop?

Your action says you bet, but your comment about the flop says you called.
Old 07-19-2005, 01:16 PM

You really shouldn't be folding this turn with the gutshot and full house outs unless it's 2BB to you.
Old 07-19-2005, 01:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You've got 2 outs for a FH, which beats any str8 or flush

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually ignoring the results you may have up to 4 full house outs.
Old 07-19-2005, 01:19 PM

You might be facing a full house here as well. Not very likely but anyway. And if someone have a full I don't have any straight outs.

And someone else could have a K as well. If so I have only 1 out to a full and it would be to a split.

I would only use 4 outs in my calculations based on the circumstances. If I have had pot odds to call based on 4 outs I would done that.

My comment was a bit misleading.
Old 07-19-2005, 01:25 PM

It is far more likely you're against trips if you get 3-bet. Don't assume the worst. You likely have about 3 outs for your straight draw (discounted because of the full house possibility and flush draw). And a king will likely win it for you so there's 2 more outs. And maybe another out for a T. I'd say around 6 outs here.

Also if someone else has a K you are probably not splitting. You are probably winning.