Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-28-2005, 10:19 AM

Default Tunica Trip Report 6/24-6/26 (Long)

Got to the Gold Strike late Friday night w/ my girlfriend. I told her I would play some games with her for a few hours and then play poker the rest of the weekend. She got way too interested in roulette, so I decided to leave her alone and head up to the poker room to get in a 3/6 game at around 9PM. Got seated immediately. The table was great. Several people were in almost every pot. The lady beside me was there playing with her son. She had no idea how to play, but thought she would give it a try.

Hand #1: About 5 hands in I get 88 in MP. I call. We see the flop 5 handed: 8JJ. I checked and button bet. One other caller and I called. Turn 8. I check again and button bet again. EP called and I raised. Both called. River was an off suit rag. I bet and only LP called. He showed Jack.
Hand #2: I have J9o in BB. 4 people limp and I check. Flop Qx8. Checked around. Turn T (putting 2 spades on the board). The SB bets and I raise. SB and 1 other stay in. River is offsuit rag. I bet and both pay me off.
Hand #3: I am in BB w/ K4o. After limping the lady UTG asks me if she could have raised. I told her she could have, but it was too late now. Flop (4 players) K46. I bet, UTG raises, LP calls. I reraise, UTG calls and LP calls. Turn 8. I bet both call. River is a rag (backdoor flush possible). I check and lady on end bets We both call and LP wins w/ 8 high straight (She had 57s). UTG had AK (as I thought).
Those were the main hands for my first session (which was 5 hours). I ended the session up $14.

I played in the Sam's Town 80+20 tourney. In the first round (100/200)up AA from BB. 2 LP limpers and I raise to 600. One caller. Flop all rags. 1000 and LP folds. That is the only decent hand I got. I never even picked up another Ace until my last hand. I am on the button w/ 7000 (blinds 1000/2000) and get ATo. MP raises to 5000. I move in and he calls w/ AJs. I get no help and I am out.

After the tourney I decided to play some 3/6 Omaha 8/b (they actually anounced it as 3/6 Omaha)at the Gold Strike. When I sit down I find out it is a kill game as well. I play for about 2 hours. I get several drawing hands, (A2xx suited Ace several times). Never connect with a flop or if I did my draw never came through. I never won a pot. Finally I decided that I would take a break down $57.

I get back to the poker room at around 8PM. I get on the 3/6 list and get a seat within about 15 minutes. This is another great table. There is one guy that was on my table before. He was a young guy (Probably frat boy).

Hand #1: My first hand I get 44 from LP. I call. There are 4 people to see A4x. Checked to me. I check and button bets. 1 other caller and I raise. Button calls and other folds. I bet it down and take the pot.
Hand #2: MP raises and I reraise w/ AK. BB and raiser call. Flop all rags. I bet both call. Turn Q. Checked around. River another rag. Checked around again. My AK was good.
Hand #3: I got AA in BB. 2 limpers and I raise. Both call. Flop is 8 high no flush draws. I bet both call. Turn is another 8. I bet again and before the MP can act the button says raise. The dealer informs him that MP has not acted. At this point MP raises and Button reraises. I muck knowing that MP (he is fairly tight with his raises) has an 8. As it turned out they both had K8s.

At one point the young guys friends decided to play as well. This made the table impossible to leave. They were calling down with any Ace high or better. At aroung 4:30am there was a younger black man that came in the game. He was very obnoxious. The first hand he watched the SB show down 79s to win w/ a flush. He then said the guy, "I always play 79 too." He also kept commenting how limit was not a skill game, purely luck. All the players that we wanted in the game left after several comments from this guy. I decided it was time for bed so I left as well. I played 8 hours and ended up $74.

All in all it was a great weekend. I meant to play at the Horseshoe as well, but the game was too good to leave at the Gold Strike. I hope to go back soon and try out some of the other rooms.
Old 06-28-2005, 02:54 PM

Default Re: Tunica Trip Report 6/24-6/26 (Long)

The Horseshoe's poker-room is brand new and very nice. Surprised you didn't try it over there.

I played the O/8 game at GS while waiting for a seat in a HE game.
Took me almost a full orbit to realize that it was NOT Omaha but actually was Omaha-8b. I was kind of ticked and think it's pretty idiotic for them to call the game 'Omaha' when it's actually Omaha-8b (or H/L or whatever you want to call it).

It was a 4/8 game when I played it though...not 3/6.

Indeed, the 3/6 games are FULL of fish there on the weekend.
But so are the 1/2 NL games.

I wish they spread higher limit games....but I guess I'm stuck at the Horseshoe for 10/20 (or the Grand for 7.5/15 on the weekends).