Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-21-2005, 02:47 AM

Default The dream hand.

I played 4-8 this afternoon with the worst bunch of poker players I've ever played with. I'm in the small blind with 4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. The entire table limped so why not. $2 to me. I call. Flop.. 2 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. I check, BB leads out. All but 1 players calls, I call. Turn. A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. BINGO Check.. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] BB leads out again. 4 callers and a raise. The button 3 bets. [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img] I smooth call $24 and ALL remaining players call! The river comes a harmless J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] and I lead out. BB raises and it gets capped 6 way action before it gets back to me. I show down the nuts fully expecting a chop pot. I get shown pocket 2's, pocket 3's, pocket 8's, A-2, and A-3. The others never showed. How I was even able to see the flop is beyond me, nevermind the turn! There were other great hands but that one was by far the funnest. I made one set all day and it was cracked. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] My day? Plus $860 playing 4-8. This is after blowing $160 on the previous table. Isn't ESPN wonderful.
Old 04-21-2005, 02:51 AM

Default Re: The dream hand.

How many hours did you play? $860 in a single session, I might have to check that game out next time I'm down there.
Old 04-21-2005, 02:57 AM

I played 8 hours today. The first 1 1/2 hour was on a different table, I lost $160. So 6 1/2 hours on that game. I was called for 10-20 at around 3 this afternoon. I asked to be rolled. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 04-21-2005, 05:22 AM

Wow, great hand!!!

My favorite hand (JTs) turned a straight flush the other day against some guys K-high flush (with only 1 caller in between). It was my second live straight flush in the past 2 weeks. Wow, do they ever feel better to table in a B&M!!!!!

I know this isn't the SS forum, but checkraise the flop. You can't ask for much better than and OESD plus a bet on your left that gets called by the 6 or 7 limpers in between!!! You've got a massive equity edge, and your Ace outs will probably make someone else a decent hand...which it did!

again, NH
Old 04-21-2005, 06:49 AM

juicy.
also checkraise the flop
Old 04-21-2005, 09:14 AM

lol, how many times did you say "don't pair" to the board before the river card??
Old 04-21-2005, 09:23 AM

Seeing the hands I was up agaist I might have been in a capped on the flop situation if I check-raise there. No doubt I had the odds to do it but I may have also run off a few of the other players, like the A-2, A-3 hands.
Old 04-21-2005, 11:44 AM

I had a similar experience recently at 3-6 at Borg. Long story short, I had j-10s, the turn reads Q-K-4-9 and it is bet and raised in front of me on the turn. I three bet, the original bettor calls, and the fish who made it two wanted to cap but because of some discrepancy, his non-verbal raise wasn't acknowledged. He had two pair, the board no pairey, and I (EDIT: get another bet out of each of them on the river and) take it down. 17.5 BBs, not too shabby...
Old 04-21-2005, 11:52 AM

On Sunday I saw a hand that was capped to the Turn and 5 bets on the river heads up

board was 5 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] capped 5 ways
turn 8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] capped 3 ways
river Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5 bets before the A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] just called and was shown the 6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] for a straight flush [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
I knew something was fishy when the river was the Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
Old 04-22-2005, 02:35 AM

hard for the board to pair on that hand =o)

apparently there were only two cards that would pair it =o) (maybe less, he said some people mucked?)