Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events

Old 12-22-2005, 11:17 PM

Default Re: Tony Dungy\'s son found dead in Florida

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I have no idea if this is real or not but check this out... supposedly its his myspace

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...endID=41899442

[/ QUOTE ]
MySpace took it down, but I think this is a legit cache of it.

http://www.panicfreaks.org/dungy/index.cfm.htm

[/ QUOTE ]

I can confirm this is the exact same page I posted.

My best wishes go out to Tony and his family. I wish them the best.
Old 12-23-2005, 01:11 AM

Makes you think again about what's important. Last week we were wondering if the team could go 16-0. Now it seems completely unimportant.
Old 12-23-2005, 11:11 AM

as others have said, my thoughts and prayers go out to Tony Dungy and his family ...

i hate to be macabre but am i the only one who finds details around James Dungy's death a little suspicious? his girlfriend leaves his apartment at 1am in the morning to go for a walk? then she returns in 10 minutes to find her boyfriend dead? how many women go out alone at 1am in the morning? a walk that lasts only 10 minutes? something doesn't quite add up here ...
Old 12-23-2005, 01:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yowzah, wonder if this has anything to do with "Dad's always busy...never has time for me but always has time for Peyton, Edge, Marvin...etc.."?

He didn't seem to flaunt the fact that he was Tony Dungy's son. Maybe he was ashamed?

[/ QUOTE ]

Everything that I've read (both recently and from years ago) implied or stated that Dungy put his family ahead of football (as far as he could). No sleeping on the couch in his office, no 16-20 hour workdays, etc. So while he was gone a lot due to his job, he seemed much more involved in his family than almost any other coach (and more than most dads in general).
Old 12-23-2005, 07:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
as others have said, my thoughts and prayers go out to Tony Dungy and his family ...

i hate to be macabre but am i the only one who finds details around James Dungy's death a little suspicious? his girlfriend leaves his apartment at 1am in the morning to go for a walk? then she returns in 10 minutes to find her boyfriend dead? how many women go out alone at 1am in the morning? a walk that lasts only 10 minutes? something doesn't quite add up here ...

[/ QUOTE ]

i'm thinking the same thing. also, how does someone quit breathing...and also have evidence which appears to be a suicide? it doesn't sound like a gunshot wound, or a hanging, it just doesn't make sense yet.

i'm guessing there is a lot left to this story...and probably not good. what a shame.
Old 12-24-2005, 01:02 AM

Obviously, from these web pages, this guy had some serious issues.
Old 12-24-2005, 04:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i'm thinking the same thing. also, how does someone quit breathing...and also have evidence which appears to be a suicide? it doesn't sound like a gunshot wound, or a hanging, it just doesn't make sense yet.

i'm guessing there is a lot left to this story...and probably not good. what a shame.

[/ QUOTE ]

Pills, basically. They said today he had called emergency services before after taking sleeping pills.
Old 12-24-2005, 06:54 AM

from his myspace:
[ QUOTE ]
Heroes: the D.C. Snipers, cause they let ya'll crackas kno tha ya'll aren't carzy race in the world, plus nobody would ever guess tha they were black (i thought they were white). Malcolm X, and the Black Panthers. oh yea say werd my nigga Pac, and in case ya'll didn't kno he is alive and i've seen visual footage

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 12-24-2005, 10:43 AM

Location: seattle!!!__ too sunny to be in a cardroom....ahhh, one more hand

Terrible as this is, after watching how much they've covered this story, I wonder if the media would cover it as much if the team weren't in the spotlight as the top team in the NFL.

b
Old 12-24-2005, 10:49 AM

I seem to remember a Packer's coach's son killed himself about 2 years ago, and didn't recieve nearly as much publicity.
Though i think it being an assistant coach had something to do with it.