Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Theory

Old 12-24-2005, 12:25 AM

Default Re: When a table runs bad, what do you do?

[ QUOTE ]
My solution was simple: I've pretty much given up limit poker and started playing NL SnGs.

[/ QUOTE ]

w00t!

Onaflag..........

ps. I suppose a little content is in order. Live I play a typical SSH game at 3/6, 4/8, 6/12 and have the BR to motor through the swings. Online, I have found the variance of NL SNGs to be tolerable. It's very wierd, but a $200 swing live has absolutely no affect on me. The same swing online sends me into a depression. I could go on, but I've gone OT already. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 12-24-2005, 04:09 AM

for the most part i find a new table if on any table i have lost more then 10BBs. I've found in my history that rarely do i turn it around on these tables for whatever reason: Tilt, misalignment of stars, I forgot to call Miss Cleo this morning etc.....

but i play 2/4 where the good tables are still in abundance and one stubs his toe on a fish just trying to get to his seat at the table.
Old 12-24-2005, 09:03 PM

Where is this, pray tell? Online or live?

[ QUOTE ]

but i play 2/4 where the good tables are still in abundance and one stubs his toe on a fish just trying to get to his seat at the table.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 12-27-2005, 02:35 AM

I think he means at that limit, 2/4 is naturally full of fish.

Or possibly some hidden poker oasis, where fish line the sidewalks, I don't know.
Old 12-27-2005, 11:50 AM

Those days are over. I am just sad I was not playing 5 years ago. At least I got in at the start of the craze.

But look at it this way. Since Holdem is getting HUGE there will always be fresh meat on the table. And with us dedicated players devoting time and effort to always improving eventually we will be superstars compared to the average Joe Schmoe that read a book or two.

Also I want LIVE poker to become more and more popular. I am moving to North Carolina where people are playing poker like mad. But laws prevent real games. Well Harrah's is putting a bid to have real tables and someone is sueing the state for the right to open poker halls. Games of chance are not allowed and they are arguing its a game of skill.

I hope it passes. Live players are much softer and much easier to read than online. Its almost like I have X-ray vision playing live.

Oh boy, oh boy.

I still pull the brain fart every once in a while thought.
Old 12-27-2005, 02:17 PM

When a table with lots of nice juicy fish starts to run bad. don't switch tables. What you need to do in that situation is put on your lucky hat. This is just as likely to change your luck as switching tables, and you still have the fish to play against.