Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Software

Old 12-12-2005, 07:17 AM

Default AHK Script for Fold Checkbox

I'd really like a script that lets me use 8 keys to hit the fold checkbox on each of my 8 tables on 2 monitors. This way, I don't have to select the table, and then hit fold.

Most of what I do is either the fold checkbox or something more interesting at an active table. Can someone help with this?
Old 12-12-2005, 11:27 AM

Default Re: AHK Script for Fold Checkbox

You should be able to do this fairly easily yourself. If you've never modified an AHK script, learning how to do is extremely useful for future changes you might want.

Just find the code that is used to move the move to window x and activate it. Find the code that is used to push the fold checkbox/button. Put both these snippets of code under one key (you could use a small sleep in between to ensure the window gets activated first).

All this should be available in your current script.
Old 12-12-2005, 11:52 AM

Wait, you want a button that folds every table at once? Because you fold a lot? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] That sounds like a pretty bad idea. Even if you only played 15% of your hands (INCLUDING blinds), you're only going to want to fold all 8 of your tables 27% of the time.
-Sam

edit: You said 8 buttons for 8 tables. I'm an idiot. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-12-2005, 03:42 PM

I agree that this would be extremely useful. Using AHK script or the MTH program for either keyboard or voice commands makes play FAR easier/less fatiguing....BUT my number one problem is that I seem to spend a lot of time looking over all of my tables trying to guess which one is going to become active NEXT.

It is frustrating to anticipate my action at a table where I am actively in a hand, yet waste brain cells paying attention to whether the bozo to my right at another table is going to act so I can FOLD that one.

This is clearly not an issue when mousing since I can just click the autofold and move on.

I would guess the only pitfall of programming individual AutoFold keys would be the danger of inadvertently stealing the focus from a table just as it becomes active.
Old 12-12-2005, 06:11 PM

add this line to the end of the script.

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;; ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
; Code for monitor #2

then copy the script for monitor one below it.

by pressing alt and then the hotkey, you are taken to the table on the second monitor.
Old 12-12-2005, 06:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]

; Code for monitor #2

by pressing alt and then the hotkey, you are taken to the table on the second monitor.

[/ QUOTE ]Sam's AHK Hint For December 12th:
Adding lines that begin with a semicolon will bring surprisingly few results. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Tomorrow, we'll cover the #CommentFlag command. It's really similar. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
-Sam
Old 12-12-2005, 06:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

; Code for monitor #2

[/ QUOTE ]Sam's AHK Hint For December 12th:
Adding lines that begin with a semicolon will bring surprisingly few results. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Tomorrow, we'll cover the #CommentFlag command. It's really similar. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
-Sam

[/ QUOTE ]

its a c&p from my script. my scripts works. your valuable input doesnt help the OP.
Old 12-12-2005, 08:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
its a c&p from my script. my scripts works. your valuable input doesnt help the OP.

[/ QUOTE ]Sorry. Here's my input:
Shockingly enough, repeating a script doesn't change the monitor in focus OR the hot-key. Telling the 'puter what you want by asking politely in a COMMENT isn't gonna do anything.

You're right; I didn't help the original poster, except by pointing-out that you were giving bogus advice. I put a couple smileys because I figured you'd notice your screw-up after I jokingly pointed it out. My bad.

One thing you might have wrong is that "!" is the modifier for "alt-". Maybe you didn't notice the ! in the second half of your script. As to the montor issure, I'm not sure how the OP is specify which monitor to use because I can't see the original script. But, then neither can you.

Matt, if you want to contribute in a POSITIVE way, you can post your script and I'd enjoy talking about it. Or you could just link to whoever wrote it for you originally.
-Sam

P.S. I don't mean to get into an AHK pissing contest. I'm the guy who thought the OP wanted to fold 8tables at once. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Sorry if I was mean above; I really will be happy to talk about the script, either Matt's or the OP.
Old 12-12-2005, 09:07 PM

you would be wasting your time talking to me re the script. i had one semester of BASIC 20 yrs ago. if the OP wants a copy of my script, i will post it.
Old 12-12-2005, 10:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Telling the 'puter what you want by asking politely in a COMMENT isn't gonna do anything.

[/ QUOTE ]

You just don't know how to ask! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]