Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Software

View Poll Results: 7 vs. 10
Jerry Remy 24 25.81%
Dan Dierdorf 69 74.19%
Voters: 93. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-09-2005, 03:30 PM

Default Re: New Partymine sugesstions

[ QUOTE ]
I just realized something while sitting on my thinking throne (aka crapper).

It will be quite infeasible to actually have PT auto-importing while you run this mining program. Let me elaborate. I intend to use this to basically mine every party game with 9+ players at 1,000NL and up, and 10/20 and up. There are approx 80 such tables open on any given night.

I have actually managed to open all of them (~80) manually and tried having PT auto-import from those 80 HHF files, but those 80 tables use so much of my system resources, that trying to have PT auto-import from them while they were all open would invariably cause my system to crash or act all crazy (and i have a decent system w/ 1Gig of RAM). This is because PT will attempt to re-start the auto-import timer before the previous import has finished...usually this isn't much of a problem, but you'll have so much [censored] open that it will often cause everything to explode/crash)

So the solution I came up with was to just let the HHF files accumulate, and then BEFORE CLOSING THE PARTY CLIENTS, copy them to a desktop folder I created just for this purpose (so they aren't erased when u close the Party clients). Then I close all the Party clients and re-copy those HHF files into the Party parent directory (where the HHF files are spawned in the first place), and THEN open up PT and auto-import them all (because then the actual tables won't be open, so it won't tax your system as much). After a full night's worth of mining, that auto-import captures around 20 - 30 thousand hands and takes 1 to 2 hours.

But as far as I can tell, that's really the only way to do it...so something for those of you planing on mining very large number of tables will probably want to devise some scheme like this, because a straight auto-import of 80+ tables (with the mining program continuously opening and closing tables and PT trying to auto-import everything) will tax your system to the point of inoperability.

[/ QUOTE ]

Great idea. I play PLO8 and plan on mining all PLO8 games from $100 tables up. Unfortunatly there are not as many tables of PLO8 so I don't think I will have a problem auto importing but I guess some day I will go back to holdem and your assesment seems right on track as well as your solution. Thanks for a great idea.
Old 12-09-2005, 03:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]

It will be quite infeasible to actually have PT auto-importing while you run this mining program. Let me elaborate. I intend to use this to basically mine every party game with 9+ players at 1,000NL and up, and 10/20 and up. There are approx 80 such tables open on any given night.

I have actually managed to open all of them (~80) manually and tried having PT auto-import from those 80 HHF files, but those 80 tables use so much of my system resources, that trying to have PT auto-import from them while they were all open would invariably cause my system to crash or act all crazy (and i have a decent system w/ 1Gig of RAM). This is because PT will attempt to re-start the auto-import timer before the previous import has finished...usually this isn't much of a problem, but you'll have so much [censored] open that it will often cause everything to explode/crash)

So the solution I came up with was to just let the HHF files accumulate, and then BEFORE CLOSING THE PARTY CLIENTS, copy them to a desktop folder I created just for this purpose (so they aren't erased when u close the Party clients). Then I close all the Party clients and re-copy those HHF files into the Party parent directory (where the HHF files are spawned in the first place), and THEN open up PT and auto-import them all (because then the actual tables won't be open, so it won't tax your system as much). After a full night's worth of mining, that auto-import captures around 20 - 30 thousand hands and takes 1 to 2 hours.

But as far as I can tell, that's really the only way to do it...so something for those of you planing on mining very large number of tables will probably want to devise some scheme like this, because a straight auto-import of 80+ tables (with the mining program continuously opening and closing tables and PT trying to auto-import everything) will tax your system to the point of inoperability.

[/ QUOTE ]

So if this was done automatically for you you might appreciate not having to do the work?

I'll put a poll in here for people
Old 12-09-2005, 04:46 PM

Supa-Mine! (what else?)
Old 12-09-2005, 10:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

teddy,
excellent work-around....thanks for sharing.

as far as the vote/in the new program goes.....

i am pretty sure you can autoimport at least 40 tables at a time without much trouble thus what you are suggesting pertains to large-scale mining (although i have had 60 or so open at party on autoimport and my system was maxed but ok).

thus i suggest there be two mining options:
1-up to approx 40 tables -- straight autoimport and allows essentially continuous importing

2-high volue (70-80+ tables) --- teddy's solution above -- which requires autoimporting at a later time

also as previously stated perhaps the developer should get a working program together and add the large volume as a feature later.

cheers,
sean
Old 12-09-2005, 10:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This is because PT will attempt to re-start the auto-import timer before the previous import has finished...usually this isn't much of a problem, but you'll have so much [censored] open that it will often cause everything to explode/crash)

[/ QUOTE ]

Can't you just set the timer to 99 minutes? Or will this still be insufficient time?

I've done 50 tables using 5 XP user accounts(should be more taxing than 80 on 1 user account--right) w/ no problem using 30 minute timers.
Old 12-10-2005, 01:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
This is because PT will attempt to re-start the auto-import timer before the previous import has finished...usually this isn't much of a problem, but you'll have so much [censored] open that it will often cause everything to explode/crash)

[/ QUOTE ]

Can't you just set the timer to 99 minutes? Or will this still be insufficient time?

I've done 50 tables using 5 XP user accounts(should be more taxing than 80 on 1 user account--right) w/ no problem using 30 minute timers.

[/ QUOTE ]

I use 99 minute timers and the import still skips sometimes. It depends on the current size of the database/how compact it is. I use a dedicated machine.

Also, I assume you are aware that it's possible to open multiple instance of the party software without multiple windows accounts? Just click the icon really fast. It's not compatible with PartyMine.

Krishan
Old 12-10-2005, 04:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Also, I assume you are aware that it's possible to open multiple instance of the party software without multiple windows accounts? Just click the icon really fast. It's not compatible with PartyMine.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep, I'm aware of the trick, but it's easier to use Partymine.
Old 12-10-2005, 12:22 PM

1) Yes, even at 99 minutes, the auto-import is triggered before the previous one has finished (as i mentioned, it takes 2-3 hours sometimes

2) Jeff W: can you tell me more about the multiple-XP-user-accounts option? I've never really understood the user account thing, nor how I would take advantage of it to mine a lot.

3) Supa: about auto-moving the HHF files...I don't think that's necessary: let me explain. Nor, by the way, do I think this requires a choice between Real McCoy's two options...I think the ideal program is one that looks and acts just like PartyMine, except can recognize multiple instances of the Party client. I use my copy/paste workaround because I have found that with the number of tables I have open (80 or so), the auto-import process can't run smoothly. But for others who only want to mine 30 or 40 and whose autoimport process runs just fine, well then nothing needs to be moved, right? Now, the reason that even high-vol miners like me don't need anything moved automatically is because of how the HHF files are spawned and edited.

For example, if table XYZ is opened by your mining program when it has 9+ players, then XYZ.hhf is spawned in the party parent directory. If the # of players drops to less than 9 and table XYZ is closed, the HHF file does not disappear. It stays until the client is closed. Now, if the # of players then INCREASES back above 9+ and XYZ is RE-opened, then Party does not spawn a NEW XYZ.hhf, but rather just adds text to the XYZ.hhf that it created the FIRST time that table was opened. Anyway, this means that Party never creates more than 80 or 100 hhf files, even if tables are closed and re-opened.

Actually, I have no idea what the above paragraph has to do with anything, but the take home message is that I just don't see the point of having an auto-move feature...it takes about 30 seconds for me to do, and I actually like having that level of physical control over my HHF files to trouble-shoot, etc.

Like other posters have said, just get basic functionality operable, let me and a few other beta testers loose on it, and we'll go from there.

4) more name suggestions: TeddyMine, MetaMiner << pick this one, MegaMiner, GigaMine, TeraMine, InfiniMine.
Old 12-10-2005, 12:27 PM

Well the main reason I suggested that it could be done automatically is because its a really simple task. But yes I'm working on the basic functionality first and will phase in anthing else that could be included.
Old 12-10-2005, 09:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
1) Yes, even at 99 minutes, the auto-import is triggered before the previous one has finished (as i mentioned, it takes 2-3 hours sometimes

[/ QUOTE ]

Strange. Are you importing the actual hand histories along with the stats?

[ QUOTE ]
2) Jeff W: can you tell me more about the multiple-XP-user-accounts option? I've never really understood the user account thing, nor how I would take advantage of it to mine a lot.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's basically a way to open multiple Party accounts in a way that you can automate datamining w/ PartyMine. The bug where you can open multiple party clients is superior for maximum mining, but it's incompatible w/ PartyMine.