Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Rake Back

Old 11-22-2005, 10:20 PM

Default December VIP plan

Anyone received an offer for December yet?

I was going to e-mail them now just so I know what mine would be for December instead of waiting for the middle of the month to find out what I would need.
Old 11-22-2005, 11:41 PM

Default Re: December VIP plan

someone mentioned that party's future plan is to contact you via e-mail and pop-ups from now on and that it will be tied to party points and not raked-hands.

I had a custom offer from my Party VIP-rep for $1250 for 30k hands.

but then when some of those who weren't getting a hold of anyone got those automated offers around Nov 13 or so I got one too (something like $200 for 9k regular points).
Lots of players who hadn't heard from any VIP-reps got these and most of the offers that went out in the 'automated' type system e-mails were pretty disappointing.

I've been trying to contact my Party rep to see if the previous offer I had is still valid and what's going on.

E-mailed her on Friday and again on Monday and have not received a response.
A little anxious about whether I will get the full payment I was originally promised.

Also looking forward to PokerStars putting together their VIP program which I am hoping will be better than this ridiculous run-around at Party and general lack of organization.

So if you want to contact you rep about December I wish you the best of luck in actually getting a hold of them.
Old 11-23-2005, 10:02 AM

I contacted Stars about their VIP program, and while they're not giving out specific details just yet, it really sounds like they've at least got people with their heads screwed on straight putting it together. I was told we could expect to see something before the end of the year.
Old 11-23-2005, 10:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I contacted Stars about their VIP program, and while they're not giving out specific details just yet, it really sounds like they've at least got people with their heads screwed on straight putting it together. I was told we could expect to see something before the end of the year.

[/ QUOTE ]

If this is any good, I'm moving to Stars permanently.
Old 11-23-2005, 10:27 AM

The games at stars are tight enough without a load of multi-tabling nits moving over there.
Old 11-23-2005, 09:20 PM

For the Stars VIP I also have been told it will be possibly be up and running before Jan 1.

I would love for the program to be worthwhile to bring my play over there (assuming that Party doesn't come up with some better offers in the near future....which I think is a possibility).
Obviously the issue of the games being tougher is a valid one. If the Stars program is good I'll check it out and hope there are enough fish amongst all the 2+2 multi-tablers to make it worthwhile enough to play there.
If I'm not profiting there though then I'm obviously not going to stay there and make zero money. But we'll see.

FWIW - Lots of the multi-tabling 2+2'ers are a bit too tight and too passive and aren't exactly unbeatable.
Of course, some of them are pretty darned good and I don't want to be at too many tables with them.

But I'm hoping that this new program where the FPP's actually mean something also bring some fish out of the dark as well to pursue the goal of earning a couple-hundred-thousand FPP's (or whatever it is going to be) to get a spot to the WSOP.

It's entirely possible, in my estimation, that a program like this that is publicized (as opposed to something like rake-back which only a certain percentage of players know about) could actually ADD life to their ring-games there.
But I really don't know and am just guessing. Will have to wait and see what happens I guess just like everyone else.
Old 11-29-2005, 02:25 PM

I've e-mailed vip@partypoker.com with no response--has anyone gotten a VIP offer for December? How will this work?
Old 11-29-2005, 03:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I've e-mailed vip@partypoker.com with no response--has anyone gotten a VIP offer for December? How will this work?

[/ QUOTE ]

Ive emailed vip@pp, info@pp, support@pp, bonus@pp, and my vip rep. None of them have had a reply for be. If I had your email address I would email you with my questions(but only if you promised to ignore my email).
Old 11-29-2005, 10:57 PM

Party said the December offers for existing VIP players would be emailed out around the 1st or 2nd of the month.
Old 11-30-2005, 01:51 AM

I have a feeling that the Stars VIP is going to blow you away! I can't wait!