Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Rake Back
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-26-2005, 04:11 PM

Default Party Snowball @ RTR

I think this concept is good, except it may need work.

Whores are gonna ride out on everybody else's MGR. First there should be a minimum MGR required to play.

Secondly,no thanks on the WPT/WSOP packages. Cash money only.

Thirdly, all spots should pay with an even increment between positions.

And last, your MGR should determine your # of starting chips.
Old 11-26-2005, 05:51 PM

Default Re: Party Snowball @ RTR

is this really working?... I just checked out the site and after their Nov 21st update only around 500$ was put towards the tourny from players playing under them (3000 was added by RTR)... am I missing something like party pays them the majority of the affiliate money at the end of the month?
Old 11-27-2005, 11:08 AM

When they first announced it there was going to be a minimum number of hands to qualify for the free-roll (750 I think from memory). That requirement subsequently got removed - I'd guess (and it is just a guess) because of a lack of individual trackers.

The problem with such a scheme is that the LESS hands per month you play the better value the scheme is - and if you play a lot of hands the scheme is of negligible value to you. I'd therefore expect that most "players" signing up to it will actually be gnome accounts hoping that some serious players signup for it so they get a juicy freeroll for free each month.

Any reward scheme which offers a flat pay-out (in this case an entry into a free-roll) regardless of number of hands played / amount of rake paid is never going to be attractive to anyone who plays a lot of hands.
Old 11-27-2005, 11:57 AM

Hi Guys

Thanks for all the input

Obviously this is only our first month. Actually we are now running it in conjunction with two other affilites in order to make the prizes grow bigger faster. (We are looking for more partners in case they are reading this...we will be sending out an invitation to all affiliates soon...but they should contact us before then by all means)

The Snowball scheme is a new animal and therefore is an ever-changing one.

We have now introduced a minimum hand requirement for subsequent months (we can track this through Party...so no need for individual trackers). As time goes on and numbers build up we will tailor the requirement for a number of different tournaments where players who rake more hands will be able to play in all tournaments compared to those who only play a small number of hands being able to play in maybe one tournament.

The scheme is doing well so far and any player who signs up with an account in Novemeber will be offered good value in terms of the first tournament which currently stands at over $4k.

On the subject of WSOP seats vs Cash, that concept is more for the future. We always want to offer tournaments where there is a good spread of prizes. We know that 500 people will not want to play a tournament (for a first prize of a WSOP seat) only to come second and win sweet nothing!

We are always looking for input from players but we cannot please all of the people all of the time!

The biggest problem we face at the moment is the misconception that bigger players earn no real value from join the scheme. The truth is that by joining the scheme they get access to the tournaments and cash prizes and they also get cash rewards from the Party VIP team as well...which is a return on the rake paid/hands played. The key thing is that this is a legitimate scheme sanctioned by Party. Players who do get rakeback from an affiliate for Party have been effectively grandfathered in...but new players run the risk of seeing their affiliate shut down if Party find them issuing new codes

Anyhow...like i said Snowball is a new scheme and open to changes and suggestions...it will in time become a scheme which reflects the individual's play across volume and time.

regards

Jess
RakeTheRake
Old 11-27-2005, 04:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Anyhow...like i said Snowball is a new scheme and open to changes and suggestions...it will in time become a scheme which reflects the individual's play across volume and time.

[/ QUOTE ]

It is a GREAT idea with a few flaws. But surely you realize the importance of getting this thing moving as quickly as possible. Many players are in a "transitional" period since the 'skins got cut off. Some players are looking to join Party and are doing so through other unapproved mediums.

You are unlikely to get serious players to sign up when you say things that lead the readers to think that you are going to "design this as you go". Rather, it would be good if everybody knew specifically what you were planning. In other words, the uncertainty of the program is going to lead many players to sign up at other affiliates through unapproved programs because they are no more unstable than the snowball.

High MGR players (of which right now I am not but could easily become) obviously lose value by joining this, but would easily be offset if the follwing comes true:

[ QUOTE ]
As time goes on and numbers build up we will tailor the requirement for a number of different tournaments where players who rake more hands will be able to play in all tournaments compared to those who only play a small number of hands being able to play in maybe one tournament.

[/ QUOTE ]

Can you explain more of what you have in mind here?

BTW I have some interest in signing up through this program.
Old 11-27-2005, 07:11 PM

Hi Jessica -

you seem to have some creative ideas for your different sites and I certainly appreciate the creativity and effort.

However, I am just not interested in playing a ton on party just for a freeroll tournament (that I may or may not be available for).
Regardless of whether you straightened out the structure so that I would be getting full value for my play this would not be an incentive for me.

For may others in might be for all I know.

If I had the option of just getting SOMETHING back directly then I would go for that.
For example, if you have MGR of $15k then you get a $12k package to the major tournament of your choice (WSOP main-event included of course).
I don't know if Party would consider this to be too close to rake-back to sanction it. But if this were available then I would be likely cranking out the hands.

Or....play 100k raked-hands at 10/20 (or 120k raked-hands at 5/10...or whatever an appropriate rate would be...haven't bothered to figure out the math) and get a $12k WSOP package (that would include travel and hotel of course).

If you an affiliate had that and it was approved by Party I would strongly consider pursuing that goal.

I'm hoping the Stars VIP club perhaps does something like this (at an appropriate value per hand) but that remains to be seen.

Just my suggestion and 2-cents worth.

Continue to think creatively Jessica. You seem to be doing a good job of trying to come up with innovative ways to attract customers.

(one other note - you might want to consider removing the pokershare option from your list of available sites)
Old 11-27-2005, 08:22 PM

I have no idea why anybody hasn't said it yet, but this idea blows hard. You rtr guys keeping 25% is just icing on the cake of suck, and the last thing I'd ever want is a freeroll so I could win back my own MGR against a variety of good players.
Old 11-27-2005, 08:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The biggest problem we face at the moment is the misconception that bigger players earn no real value from join the scheme. The truth is that by joining the scheme they get access to the tournaments and cash prizes and they also get cash rewards from the Party VIP team as well...which is a return on the rake paid/hands played.

[/ QUOTE ]
You are rampantly fronting; the idea that this snowball scheme leeches off of high-volume players is anything but a misconception. If I play 50,000 hands at 10/20 in a month, I get the shot at the same prizes as the legions of bonus whores folding enough hands at 25 NL to qualify? No thanks.

How the hell is Party's VIP program an added benefit for you? I can get that with any affilate, including no affiliate. That is some real value there. -_-

I understand the need to come up with creative solutions, but this sucks. Never mind the fat 'administrative' fee you take out -- 25%! You got to get yours, but that is obscene.

-K
Old 11-27-2005, 10:19 PM

I've played a mountain on Party this month since joining up through RTR (five figures worth of hands, mainly at $1/2 - yes, small fry, but it adds up, and I'm sure it will be more than most who join up). I really hope I don't miss out on any of the action, and that there's some sort of fair distribution of the awards.

Early days, but I'm hoping it will all be worthwhile from a RB perspective.
Old 11-27-2005, 11:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]

However, I am just not interested in playing a ton on party just for a freeroll tournament

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
then you get a $12k package to the major tournament of your choice

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you see how these statements are sort of close to contradicting each other?

I understand the difference, because the latter is more like a vacation WITH a tournament (and live at that). However, the rewards are close to being the same: a poker tournament valued at how much MGR you contributed.

Edit: and yes, the juice definitely needs to be lowered.