Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits

Old 11-12-2005, 04:50 PM

Default question about a poster

in 6max for example, does having someone post in the CO or BU change your open limping/open raising hands? On one hand he is more likely to call your raise, since he is getting in cheaper but on the other hand your raise has more value since there is going to be more money in the pot (value might be the wrong word, btw).

kyle
Old 11-12-2005, 04:53 PM

Default Re: question about a poster

If he's in the CO I'd be slightly more likely to limp in from MP with a suited connector.

As for raising, it doesn't make a bit of difference for me.
Old 11-12-2005, 04:55 PM

Its still a raise/fold situation imo

edit: as for open-raising standards, I loosen up a little
Old 11-12-2005, 04:58 PM

I am thinking that the best benefit for this situation is when you know the poster is very tight preflop: that can make you lower your stealing standards, and if the steal succeeds you get a bigger reward.
Old 11-12-2005, 05:17 PM

Maybe Im in the minority but it changes my play completely. I wont raise A10-A8,KJ-K10,QJ for example since those hands doesnt do too hot vs 2-3 opponents and OOP.. I will limp with 87s and 22. I might have this backwards but thats how I play. Please enlighten me; you who arent changing the way you play.
Old 11-12-2005, 05:19 PM

Depending on the players sandwitched between you and the poster, as well as the blinds, you can either look at the poster as offering better "guaranteed" odds for suited connectors or as raising to get value out of better than average hands.

If the table is loose and somewhat passive, I'd be more inclined to limp with suited connectors. And with bigger cards and closer in position to the poster to open raise, the more I'm inclined to raise. But I think it's still generally more about raising or folding.

Having some history against the poster helps, too. Plenty of people chase the sunk cost of posting/blinds.
Old 11-12-2005, 05:27 PM

My thoughts are that in 6max games there just arent enough players on the table to try and "induce" a limp-fest w/ the speculative hands

A lot depends on the table composition, because a lot of players will "liberally" call your PF raises because they see the extra money in the pot, regardless, I'm still making my standard PF raises
Old 11-12-2005, 05:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
My thoughts are that in 6max games there just arent enough players on the table to try and "induce" a limp-fest w/ the speculative hands

A lot depends on the table composition, because a lot of players will "liberally" call your PF raises because they see the extra money in the pot, regardless, I'm still making my standard PF raises

[/ QUOTE ]
you dont really need a limpfest to make 87s and 22 profitable. I am happy with poster and the both blinds.
Old 11-12-2005, 05:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
you dont really need a limpfest to make 87s and 22 profitable.

[/ QUOTE ]

Come on buddy