Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Rake Back

Old 11-11-2005, 08:09 PM

Default Rakebreak.com

Did anyone else last month play on a party poker account thinking they'd get a player action bonus? I was told that there was a great chance we'd get it but they'd have to wait and see on payday if they'd get paid. I played on that account somewhat but had very little faith that they had any intentions of paying with the frequent "we're still waiting to hear from PP". I kept thinking "Waiting for what? PP's already announced their stance on this". Anyway, payday for affiliates came and went and ofcourse I got nothing, just wondering if anyone else played on a pp account under them and got nothing.
Old 11-11-2005, 08:14 PM

Default Re: Rakebreak.com

Any sites that are offering PP are doing so discretely. You don't help at all by posting on a popular poker message board. Any site is more likely to not get paid if it is made public that they are offering Party rakeback.

craig

p.s. I have no idea if the site in question is offering Party RB.
Old 11-11-2005, 11:22 PM

Right thats why I wanted until after I had not been paid to even say anything since i've given up all hope on that site. He's been saying "we're waiting to hear from PP" for a full month now and i've already moved on.
Old 11-12-2005, 12:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
p.s. I have no idea if the site in question is offering Party RB.

[/ QUOTE ]

They aren't.
Old 11-12-2005, 01:30 AM

correct, they were offering a player action bonus.
Old 11-12-2005, 03:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Right thats why I wanted until after I had not been paid to even say anything since i've given up all hope on that site. He's been saying "we're waiting to hear from PP" for a full month now and i've already moved on.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah, I think that's pretty annoying too, why can't he just tell us there won't be any kind of rakeback. I wouldn't even have started playing there in october if I knew they'd put program on "hold" and expect us to wait forever. If party ever allows rb, I would probably get it from other affiliate.
Old 11-12-2005, 12:39 PM

Party wont ever allow rakeback.
People who have it already have just been effectively grandfathered in to the scheme.
Party are clamping down on affiliates who issue new unique codes to players and will take action if they find affiliates in breach of this.

As for rakeback on the "Party" network, (and not meaning to cross post) but we think that possibly the last way in to get rakeback on the Party network (for those who don't have it) is to sign up for rakeback at Intertops before they are reabsorbed to the Party network.

At least it is probably worth just creating an account there in case...

Once they are absorbed we will not be able to offer new accounts to anyone.

Regards

RTR
Old 11-13-2005, 12:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I was told that there was a great chance we'd get it but they'd have to wait and see

[/ QUOTE ]
The guys at rakebreak are great guys and had nothing at all to do with Partys decision to not pay on the player accounts from one week in October. This entire matter was trying to be resolved with Party until a few days ago and rakebreak had no idea whether or not they would be paid. Partys decision affected us and a lot of affiliates, but in no way should rakebreak be blamed for what happened.

The logins were frozen while Party looked into them and they finally decided to remove the logins & players from under us. They made this determination based on a few things. One is that most of the players were current Party players and not dormant or low activity accounts.

We came to an agreement with Party that if the affiliates can sign new players up under a few trackers, and the numbers are similiar to what they did for a few days in October, we will be able to get them some to all of their money.

While we might not agree with theit decision, we have no choice but to go along with it.

We lost a lot on that week too, and feel bad that things did not work out as planned. It makes no sense to go over the whys and hows of things at this point. What we are doing is allowing the affiliates affected set up new logins and bring in players at the same percentage offered before. also, I am in the process of figuring out some type of payment once an afiiliate reaches a certain MGR, to help make up for what happened that week. This would be from us, out of pocket, to try and make amends.

It seems as though the actions of only two affiliates affected what we were doing.
Mass spamming, newsgroup posting, using our program as leverage with Party to get more, etc - it all brought too much attention and Party decided to look into it further.

Below are snippits of emails with Party resolving this issue....

affiliates who signed up under CPC just after Oct8th and between them brought in some players before the trackers were shut down around Oct 13th as they were offering rake back, are currently not being paid for these players
You think that except for 2 of them who you consider “bad” – XXXXXX and XXXXXXX, most of the remaining have potential to be good affiliates.
PG view is that if any players are brought in by anyone promising to get them rake back, then the affiliate should get paid nothing
You believe that these affiliates did nothing wrong (we disagreed on this point)
However, we agreed that you will get each of these subaffiliates to promote PP during Nov / Dec / Jan. We will review their performance in this period and if it is good (comparable with the performance in the 5-6 day period during which their trackers were active, we will review if they should get something of the amount that has been held back.
PG will check if any of the players that came in through these trackers had accounts previously. If they did, then the affiliate shouldn’t expect ANY credit for getting our old player back.

If anyone would like to confirm the above, just contact the affiliate department.
Old 11-13-2005, 05:52 AM

Welcome back Al